Galaxy S5 Hart rate Monitor

Northern.dj

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I was chuffed about this as I have a Hart issue
So I followed what it said then Nothing kept telling me to make sure my finger was over the middle
after a lot of attempts with different fingers I got a reading
I thought there may of been a issue so I tried my son's finger who is 12 and bingo worked every time
His fingers are a lot smaller then mine
but I must add its spot on, and surprised the hart nurses
if this worked on all fingers then there would be a lot of medical staff using this

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I must say that mine works every time except when I was using a cover on the phone.....So the question is: are placing your finger in a vertical position ? and are you using any kind of cover that keeps your finger from getting all the way down to the sensor ?

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
You've got to make sure it's the very center of the TIP of your finger that's against the sensor. It feels slightly unnatural at first but it works every time. I too have a heart condition and I use the sensor probably 10 times per day without failure.

Daemonswolf

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Also make sure you aren't pressing too hard! It can't take a reading if you do. I often use mine before and after a workout and I find that I have to hold the phone in my left hand to steady it and then use my right index finger to take the reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34