Why can't I see "All" photos in the Google Photos app?

LeighAngela

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in the Google thread, thought I would post here since this is an issue I have with the s5 that I did not have with my last phone, Galaxy Blaze.

I tried to send someone a picture in a text today and couldn't find the pic because I had deleted it from my phone since it was already synched with google+. In the Pictures app, my only choices are Camera, Highlights or Auto Awesome. So the one pic I wanted was from a day that was not shown. If I log into google+ pictures on my laptop tho, I can see ALL pics and it's there.

Any idea why?

Was told to look at Albums in the Photos app. That doesn't help. Not all the photos are there, not even half. There are more under the highlights tab. On my old Samsung Galaxy Blaze, if I wanted to attach a pic to a text msg, it asked if I want to find a pic using Gallery or photos. If I choose Photos, it opens the app showing All, Highlights, Videos, and Auto Awesome. However if I just opened the Photos app not from a text msg, it only offers All or Highlights.

On my S5, the photos app only offers Camera or Highlights if I open the app directly. (+ Auto Awesome if I open it thru a text msg.)

It's almost as if the photos app isn't connected to google+ or something. I did go to account settings and make sure Google+ photos is checked. And I did find that I can find the picture I wanted in Gallery>Picasa, but the order of those pics is weird and I think it's missing the most recent pics.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in the Google thread, thought I would post here since this is an issue I have with the s5 that I did not have with my last phone, Galaxy Blaze.

I tried to send someone a picture in a text today and couldn't find the pic because I had deleted it from my phone since it was already synched with google+. In the Pictures app, my only choices are Camera, Highlights or Auto Awesome. So the one pic I wanted was from a day that was not shown. If I log into google+ pictures on my laptop tho, I can see ALL pics and it's there.

Any idea why?

Was told to look at Albums in the Photos app. That doesn't help. Not all the photos are there, not even half. There are more under the highlights tab. On my old Samsung Galaxy Blaze, if I wanted to attach a pic to a text msg, it asked if I want to find a pic using Gallery or photos. If I choose Photos, it opens the app showing All, Highlights, Videos, and Auto Awesome. However if I just opened the Photos app not from a text msg, it only offers All or Highlights.

On my S5, the photos app only offers Camera or Highlights if I open the app directly. (+ Auto Awesome if I open it thru a text msg.)

It's almost as if the photos app isn't connected to google+ or something. I did go to account settings and make sure Google+ photos is checked. And I did find that I can find the picture I wanted in Gallery>Picasa, but the order of those pics is weird and I think it's missing the most recent pics.

Hi! I have the same problem, so I'm sorry I'm unable to shed any light towards resolving this. Anyone else with some tips? I'm coming over from Apple where things just seemed to work :(

Posted via Android Central App

LeighAngela

May 30, 2014
Visit site
The guy in the other thread figured out a solution for me. My google+ was not the most current version. I searched for it in google play store and it said update. That fixed it! Good luck!

I guess the pre-loaded apps don't always auto-update until you manually update them sometimes. That's what he said anyway.

Chris Nunno

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

Any idea why?

I 2014.10.25 - i have the very same issue. all software is updated, android galaxy s5.