Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default text message unread count will not go away

The text message unread count on my galaxy s5 will not go away. It says I have 2 unread texts buy I've gone through every text message to try and get rid of it but nothing works. I've only texted one person since it's happened and now it won't even change to 3 or 4 unread when I get a text. I haven't done anything different with my phone or installed any new software or apps. I've tried reseting my phone and even going into the menu part of the messaging app and clicked on "mark all messages as read" and nothing has worked. It should be noted that I have service through Verizon and the messaging I'm using was whatever was preinstalled just called Verizon messaging.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: text message unread count will not go away

I seem to remember having that problem with the original Verizon message apps.

It was very irritating to see the count on the screen, but go into the msg app and nothing new is there.

I installed Go SMS Pro and then I disabled both messages and Messages+

end of problem.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

It may be a draft message you think there is nothing there but if you have an empty reply bubble with a space, it may show

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by xomissbxo View Post
    The text message unread count on my galaxy s5 will not go away. It says I have 2 unread texts buy I've gone through every text message to try and get rid of it but nothing works. I've only texted one person since it's happened and now it won't even change to 3 or 4 unread when I get a text. I haven't done anything different with my phone or installed any new software or apps. I've tried reseting my phone and even going into the menu part of the messaging app and clicked on "mark all messages as read" and nothing has worked. It should be noted that I have service through Verizon and the messaging I'm using was whatever was preinstalled just called Verizon messaging.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I don't know if this will work, but pull the battery out, wait 10 seconds and put it back in and see if that helps.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.