Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mistaj33
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LED Indicator lights do not turn on

When I receive a text, missed call, low battery or charging battery the LED notification light does not come on. I have to keep entering my password to check for messages (not cool at work). If I go settings -> display -> LED indicator the notifications options are all checked.

Are there any settings that would override or turn off notification lights? I don't see any other settings I need to turn on.

Default Re: LED Indicator lights do not turn on

Maybe you could install LightFlow and test your LED. Try the free version for testing. Have you ever seen the LED light up? Does it at least light up when you reboot? If not, maybe it's defective.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, the blue does come on briefly when powering down and then back up, but that's the only time it lights up.
    I will give Light Flow a try and see if that doesn't shake something loose. Thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yay! Light Flow is working beautifully. Still don't know why it wouldn't work to start with but will take this nifty little App any day. Thanks again!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,997 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Quote Originally Posted by upacrick View Post
    Yay! Light Flow is working beautifully. Still don't know why it wouldn't work to start with but will take this nifty little App any day. Thanks again!
    I highly recommend you buy the paid version if you haven't already. It's a super app.
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

Thanked by:

No problem. Glad you like it. It's definitely one of the first apps I install on any new device or ROM. Can't live without it. Def worth a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Greg C likes this.

I have the same issue and it just started yesterday. I haven't installed any new app as I remember. I cannot find the problem why my phone's LED indicators are not working.