Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Default Any one swapped phone for gap between screen and bezel at the top.

I am seeing lot of dust in this area. Gap seems to be bigger on my phone compared to other black phones. There is no gap for white phone. Showed it to ATT store. He tried to swap my phone without any success (big business customers account). Checked with ATT customer service over phone. They refused to swap the device as I am out of 14 days window. I tried convincing her it is 30 days for business customers and I can even change it to differen phone or white S5. Instead she placed a request for warranty replacement for similar black phone. Looks like replacement is a like new phone (refurb). Is it worth changing new phone with refurbished. Am i going to have any issues with water resistant functionality with this gap between screen and bezel.

Global Posts
    1,606 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Any one swapped phone for gap between screen and bezel at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by rustum View Post
    I am seeing lot of dust in this area. Gap seems to be bigger on my phone compared to other black phones. There is no gap for white phone. Showed it to ATT store. He tried to swap my phone without any success (big business customers account). Checked with ATT customer service over phone. They refused to swap the device as I am out of 14 days window. I tried convincing her it is 30 days for business customers and I can even change it to differen phone or white S5. Instead she placed a request for warranty replacement for similar black phone. Looks like replacement is a like new phone (refurb). Is it worth changing new phone with refurbished. Am i going to have any issues with water resistant functionality with this gap between screen and bezel.
    I just checked my device and I don't have this gap...thankfully. I would feel fine with a refurbished device. The S5 is still a very new device so most of the time the refurbs are a result of buyer's remorse so they return the phone.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

I too don't have this gap that you speak of, and I'm still on my first unit.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

Most of my phones have been "refurbished."

All that means is someone sprayed it with Windex and wiped off the fingerprints. It "might" have some minor scratches, but none of my refurbished phones had scratches.

Some really old 1x phones did that I purposely bought for the kids who lost them every other day. They would loose their allowance until it was paid for
    Verizon Galaxy S5

If I helped you, Please click
    Thanks button

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

what gap????

Cheers
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jokout1 View Post
    what gap????

Cheers
    There is a gap between chrome bezel and glass. Chrome bezel is wrapped around glass very tightly on all sides except top side.

No.....gap is very small. It's only a phone so I couldn't care less.

Posted via Android Central App

Didn't know about it until I saw this thread.

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

I have NO gap at all anywhere along the bezel!
    I do look my new devises over pretty close as a standard practice in the store though when I get them!

Cheers
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jokout1 View Post
    I have NO gap at all anywhere along the bezel!
    I do look my new devises over pretty close as a standard practice in the store though when I get them!

Cheers
    That is a good news. May be it is good idea to get a replacement for my phone.

Thanks for making me notice this. lol
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beyondbetrayal View Post
    Thanks for making me notice this. lol
    Have you noticed any gap on your phone? it is not visible with white phone. Looks like it varies from phone to phone.

I had one on my first handset and after looking at others I decided to get it swapped. They were pretty good about it in Phones4u (UK). I have a black handset.