Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ucfgrad93
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Upcoming Events widget gone

Hey All,

Coming form an S4 which I loved, had to upgrade when I switched and for a little more went with S5. So far I am okay with everything, but it is missing a widget I use to adore. I do the calendar widget which takes up the whole screen. This is great, and it is still there, but they use to have a smaller widget that would tell you of upcoming events form your calendar. It served as a nice litte reminder daily of what I had coming up. They have a daily widget that takes the chunk of the screen right now, but that is it.

Does anyone know where I can get a widget that would do the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Upcoming Events widget gone

I use Event Flow Calendar Widget to show what is coming up in the next 2 weeks. It takes up an entire home screen. I also use Simple Calendar Widget to show my next appointment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S5: Upcoming Events widget gone-screenshot_2014-05-12-16-35-01.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    AZgl1500 likes this.

For some reason, I cannot get either of those calendar widgets to display anything except the Settings screens.

Looked at the options and then hit the Check Mark and no widget. Just the blue icon which brings up settings again.
    Verizon Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by treyinga View Post
    Hey All,

Coming form an S4 which I loved, had to upgrade when I switched and for a little more went with S5. So far I am okay with everything, but it is missing a widget I use to adore. I do the calendar widget which takes up the whole screen. This is great, and it is still there, but they use to have a smaller widget that would tell you of upcoming events form your calendar. It served as a nice litte reminder daily of what I had coming up. They have a daily widget that takes the chunk of the screen right now, but that is it.

Thanks in advance!
    You can try Dash Clock. It has notifications for weather, missed calls, callendar events, notes, etc.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Hey All,

Thanks in advance!
    Did you mean Briefing ? it was the same sixe 4x2 yellow background widget that gave several days brief on up and coming events from your calendar

Briefing-com.samsung.android.widgetapp.briefing4x2-2-v2.0.apk if so sorry wont work on S5
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That may indeed but what I was looking at. I hate that it is not there...I will try some of these others.

Hey All,

Thanks in advance!
    I am coming from the S3 and I used the daily event/agenda calendar widget that would give you a snapshot of the week but seems like the S5 only has the option of showing one day at a time on the event/agenda widget. I don't always have a lot going on everyday so it is nice to see a snapshot of the week as a whole so I know what is coming up.

Has anyone found a alternate calendar that will allow for this?

Thanks,
    ~Tina~
    Samsung Galaxy S5

On the over priced but blazing fast Verizon network