FB problems

Jackie Glass

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy s5 for about a few weeks. FB was fine until a few days ago....pics won't load all the time (more often not) same with comments to statuses. The loading symbol just keeps running. It seems to be running slower too. I've uninstalled and re-installed it, did a soft reset, cleared the cache. I'm not sure if the issue is with the app, on FB end or the phone. It's driving me crazy. It's getting pretty bad. Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions????

mythreechildren2001

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy s5 for about a few weeks. FB was fine until a few days ago....pics won't load all the time (more often not) same with comments to statuses. The loading symbol just keeps running. It seems to be running slower too. I've uninstalled and re-installed it, did a soft reset, cleared the cache. I'm not sure if the issue is with the app, on FB end or the phone. It's driving me crazy. It's getting pretty bad. Anyone else have this issue or have any suggestions????

I am having the same problem but not finding any solutions. Have you had any luck?

itguy14

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Same here.

I think I can say this - Facebook sucks regardless of platform.

It's really a simple app but is utter garbage - doesn't remember that I want to see things in chronological order, insists on auto playing videos, etc..

rc75149

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

Did you update the app on the 21st ?

Facebook sucks on all platforms, I would suggest searching for a earlier version , version 10 I think. Sounds like you updated the app and it caused problems.

Posted via Android Central App

Nickwitit

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone experience oversized pictures on fb with the samsung s5? I used the stock internet to access fb not the app. Once i refresh it it goes back to normal. It gets annoying refesh it, is there any other solutions?

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It's really a simple app but is utter garbage - doesn't remember that I want to see things in chronological order, insists on auto playing videos, etc..

Open Facebook and tap the 3 bars. Scroll down to app settings.. From here you can change settings including video auto play on or off..

Mine is updated to the latest version and working like it should..

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues with fb as well. Some days the app won't open, some days the newsfeed won't load, and I can't even get fb to come up on the browser. I have uninstalled, reinstalled twice and I have wiped the cache. Nothing works. I thought it was my phone, but all my other social networking apps work fine. The fb messenger app even crap out.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an older fb app version and it works fine. Do you guys think it has anything to do with your service provider and their data connection?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an older fb app version and it works fine. Do you guys think it has anything to do with your service provider and their data connection?

I don't think it's at&t. Everything else works fine. Fb and the messenger are the only apps I have had issues with. I can't even access fb through the stock browser, Firefox, or chrome. How do I go back to an older version of fb?

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Facebook is a little douchey on my phone too. My news feed randomly jumps all the way back up to the top so I have to read down through again, and yesterday I selected the Most Recent option and ended up with posts from Thanksgiving. Wow.