How to back up Samsung S5 apps and settings without rooting

healinginfluence

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm a new Samsung 5 owner. What is the best way to back up apps and settings so if I get a new Samsung phone I won't have to re-create my settings and download my apps again? I found Kies and backed up on my Mac. Is that reliable? Is there a way to do it in the cloud like Apple's iCloud? I just switched from t-mobile to Verizon and had to re-create my settings and download my non stock Google Apps again and that was time consuming. 

My S5 isn't rooted and I don't plan to root it.

ExtremeNerd

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new Samsung 5 owner. What is the best way to back up apps and settings so if I get a new Samsung phone I won't have to re-create my settings and download my apps again? I found Kies and backed up on my Mac. Is that reliable? Is there a way to do it in the cloud like Apple's iCloud? I just switched from t-mobile to Verizon and had to re-create my settings and download my non stock Google Apps again and that was time consuming. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup
Helium is actually a good start. It can back up to your computer or from device to device. It works well while we currently don't have root (or for those who don't want it)

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Kies is not as bad as some make out but if you restore to a different/new device not all apps will restore directly even if you save apk's using other apps as a backup they do not all restore and you still have to use google store purchases to restore

You will be surprised how well you know your device and get it back in shape very quickly Kies dose most of the hard work including alarms and ringtones etc

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
install Verizon Cloud from the Play Store

use Kies 3.0 to make image backups of your phone... that way if something gets really mucked up, you can restore it to the current state. Passwords, apps, data, all of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC