"Unsupported Media type" for mms using stock messaging app

JMSGNG

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

So basically I tired to send a picture from google images via mms. When I went to attach the file, the phone said "Unsupported media type, please select another". Weird thing is, I attached the same image using Hangouts and it worked just fine. Does anyone else's do this? And if not, how can I fix it? Surprisingly I really like the stock app so I'd rather keep it.

Thanks!

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

So basically I tired to send a picture from google images via mms. When I went to attach the file, the phone said "Unsupported media type, please select another". Weird thing is, I attached the same image using Hangouts and it worked just fine. Does anyone else's do this? And if not, how can I fix it? Surprisingly I really like the stock app so I'd rather keep it.

Thanks!

That's just weird my stock application works just perfectly fine, hmmm.... well what is the extension of the image you are trying to attach ??

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So basically I tired to send a picture from google images via mms. When I went to attach the file, the phone said "Unsupported media type, please select another".

I had the same problem if I saved an image from Google Images while using Chrome. When I used the stock Samsung Internet Browser and saved the same image it worked fine with the stock messaging app. They both saved as JPEG files and I couldn't find a difference except one worked and the other didn't.

zerobleu

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
BUMP...

I'm also seeing this problem when downloading images from Google w/in Chrome. Any one else have thoughts or have this happen?

j lifestory

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
BUMP...

I'm also seeing this problem when downloading images from Google w/in Chrome. Any one else have thoughts or have this happen?

I was thinking if there could be a way we could update the messenger, maybe through root access? I'm thinking the way one would install an update on a Linux is but manually. Automatic would be great

TRACYSRAIL

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had this same problem on nearly every photo I save from google. Regardless if I use chrome mobile or Internet Explorer. It's a huge pain in the ****. I have to edit the photo using snapseed or the like and then save again. You can't edit the photo to resave through the stock editor. I wish I could figure out what this is going on.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My phone gives me the "unsupported media type" message when the extension is .jpeg.
It works fine for .jpg but not .jpeg. My niece has an iPhone & everything that comes from her is in the .jpeg format.

Spankin77

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've got a Note 5 and have the same problem. I've found that if you crop an image using 'smart select' and share it straight away (without saving first to the gallery) you can send it as an SMS no problem... but once if you try and attach that file from your galley... comes up as unsupported media type.

John Segura1

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I've got a Note 5 and have the same problem. I've found that if you crop an image using 'smart select' and share it straight away (without saving first to the gallery) you can send it as an SMS no problem... but once if you try and attach that file from your galley... comes up as unsupported media type.
Same thing is happening to me. If I try sending immediately after using smart select, it goes through. If I save it to my gallery, I get the"unsupported media type" error.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool