capitalization and sentence structure

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
using voice typing I lose capitalization at the beginning of a sentence and when I start a new sentence it doesn't automatically skip two spaces and start with a capitalized letter.the sentences run together as you can see in this message.I don't have this problem on my Galaxy Note 2014...or maybe I do. Maybe it's dependent on the application.looky there, the word maybe typed out like it was supposed to.does this happen to anyone else?

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
What keyboard are you using? I don't know if this affects that but it may since I use Swiftkey and do not have this problem. I also typed this with my voice.

Posted via Android Central App

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
using voice typing I lose capitalization at the beginning of a sentence and when I start a new sentence it doesn't automatically skip two spaces and start with a capitalized letter.the sentences run together as you can see in this message.I don't have this problem on my Galaxy Note 2014...or maybe I do. Maybe it's dependent on the application.looky there, the word maybe typed out like it was supposed to.does this happen to anyone else?

I use Swiftkey as well, works just fine for me.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
What keyboard are you using? I don't know if this affects that but it may since I use Swiftkey and do not have this problem. I also typed this with my voice.

Posted via Android Central App

Swype and Google Voice Typing are checked. I don't do Swype so I don't know why it's checked. Samsung keyboard is checked and grayed out. So honestly, I don't have a clue which kb I'm using <lol> I just know I'm getting tired of it not spacing for sentences and capitalizing. I'm not real fond of Swiftkey

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Monica, I think if you will keep using SwiftKey, you will become a fond user of it.

For me, it has the best word prediction rate of all the keyboard apps.

I've been using it for about 4 weeks now and have found myself typing up complete sentences with just a single touch on a 'predicted' word with the occasional "different word" to change the sentence flow.... but even then, the darn thing "switches gears" and goes with my new train of thought.

It is totally unreal how accurate it can be.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I used it on my Droid and even have the Pro version. There was a reason tossed it aside...I just can't remember what it was <lol> I know I liked the arrow keys. I'll install it again and see what it was it didn't have that I wanted. Ah, it's still on my GN/2014 tab. I've just enabled it and will give it a whirl, again :)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Right off the bat I don't see the microphone to speak my message or the writing tool so I can use the S-Pen :(
edit: found the microphone but I have to be able to use the S-Pen.
edit again: I found a way to work with S-Pen and Swifkey even tho it isn't the best work around. Will just have to weigh which is more important.
I'll give it a shot :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech