Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5 - incoming calls only shown as "Unknown" HELP!

Hi!

I bought a samsung galaxy S5 last week but a problem I am experiencing is that all incoming calls are shown as "UNKNOWN"! This has happened since the very first day I used it.

This happens whether I have the contact saved or not. I have upgraded from a simple samsung non-smart phone using the same SIM card and number that I am now and this never used to happen on my old phone, before unless a number was private if i had it saved in my contact list it would show up with the saved name and if i did not I would still be able to see the number.

Does this mean that something is wrong with my new phone? Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anyway I can change this?? Thanks a lot!

And yes I am very new to smartphones!!

Unhappy Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - incoming calls only shown as "Unknown" HELP!

I am having the exact same issue. I have my home number set in contacts, and it shows unknown when someone calls me from home. The custom ringtone does not work either. I think the 2 might be connected.