Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By davidnc
  • 3 Post By Jon Jackson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default alarm

do i have to keep the s5 on for the alarm to work?

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: alarm

Quote Originally Posted by saeed sabbagh View Post
    do i have to keep the s5 on for the alarm to work?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure you will have to leave the phone on for the alarm to work .
    PappaFloyd likes this.

Global Posts
    22,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Yeah, I think you do too. Would be nice, though. No matter what, your alarm goes off.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

How can the alarm work if the phone is off? Unless the phone is in some deep sleep, I don't see how it would work with the phone completely off
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    How can the alarm work if the phone is off? Unless the phone is in some deep sleep, I don't see how it would work with the phone completely off
    Just did a quick test, alarm doesn't function unless phone is on, camera won't work either....and I can't get emails or other notifications if off...should I exchange this phone?

L O L

Maybe he meant does the screen have to be on. No, the screen doesn't have to be on. The phone's POWER has to be on, but I'm sure he knew that

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    Maybe he meant does the screen have to be on. No, the screen doesn't have to be on. The phone's POWER has to be on, but I'm sure he knew that
    I don't think so...............

Blackberry used to have a feature that would turn your phone on from an off status and play your alarm.

I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that he/she was hoping for something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I had a nokia phone (not wp, but gold old nokia) and it actually did had alarm that worked even when phone was off, so his question is valid.
    First thing I did when i got my wp phone was to check if there's 'offline alarm' there - there isnt.

But having S5 with its decent battery life I don't think I'll have to ever worrying about it discharging over the night.

The S5 alarm doesn't go off if the device is off. For those other devices that do have this feature, is the device really ever "off"? If it can turn itself back on that it never was completely off, more like hibernating.