Recover Deleted Text Messages

ariat89

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally deleted whole conversation of text messages instead of 2 specific messages. How do I recover my deleted messages? They were not backed up by cloud. Will the SIM card help?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The SIM card only stores your information to connect to your carrier. If you don't have a backup you're most likely out of luck.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Were they backed up locally? If so then they should be able to be restored

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are apps that do this, either manually or on a schedule. If you didn't set it up then it doesn't backup standard

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Your carrier has to keep all text messages by law.

Your ability to access those might not be all that easy.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I would place a call to a support representative.

I am very familiar with the Verizon online app and no where is there a way to recover deleted messages.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
that falls under the heading for forensic search and repair. Looks like a nice app, but I don't need anything that important to pay $36.00 bucks for.

If ya gotta do it, then fork over the dough and just be glad a super smart programmer can save your beans.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjcotton1964

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Okay... my daughters ex has been able to retrieve deleted text threads that were a month gone without her permission. I know Verizon doesn't have them and they are not saved to the cloud. Should I be looking for an app he downloaded or something else?

Susan Johnson1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. Have a Galaxy Note 4 and accidently deleted some very important texts. I saw all the programs available online to supposedly recover them, but I'm wary of downloading something like that. Any one have an answer?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually had My Backup Pro installed, but when I did a restore, the messages never showed up in my inbox. No error messages or anything. It popped up a status bar that looked like it was restoring them 1/657 and slowly went up to 657/657, then went back to homescreen...but all I had was an empty inbox.

You and me both.

I ditched My Backup Pro a long time ago because it was not reliable.

I now use Super Backup which has never failed me once. I send most of my Contact list backups to my email address .

I put the apps on the local SD card so if the phone breaks, the SD card gets moved to the new phone.

=> * Super Backup : SMS & Contacts - Android Apps on Google Play

Super Backup can send your backups elsewhere easily, just pick the method you want after each backup.

Mahesh Kupekar

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Re Recover Deleted Text Messages

I accidentally deleted whole conversation of text messages instead of 2 specific messages. How do I recover my deleted messages? They were not backed up by cloud. Will the SIM card help?

sophia779

Jul 8, 2018
Visit site
Hello,
To recover deleted text messages from Android, if you have backup of your old text messages then you can easily rescue the lost messages. There are several ways by which your messages can be saved and whenever required, they can be easily restored. Otherwise I have seen many users use recovery software to retrieve lost data from Android. So it is yet another option.