Battery Country of Origin

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
The original battery that came with my S5 was from China. I then bought a spare battery with charger, from Samsung, it's made in Vietnam. Which battery is better?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
The original battery that came with my S5 was from China. I then bought a spare battery with charger, from Samsung, it's made in Vietnam. Which battery is better?

Well, if the batteries are original i.e. coming from the samsung store itself than both of then will be working good ! but still if I have to bet on then I will go with the original battery that came with the S5 i.e. from china will be the better one ! :)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

If both batteries are officially made by Samsung then the quality will be the same. I would never buy a battery that wasn't OEM (original equipment manufacturer).

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
The reason why I asked is because I recall reading a post somewhere stating that batteries from China are overheating and explodes.