Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lost contacts even on google account

Such a weird problem. please help me guys....

So i bought a htc one m8 about 14 days ago.... linked to my google account. worked well and fine got all my contacts and apps. but i decided to return htc phone 13 days after because i want to go with samsung s5....

got my s5 and link to my google account.. got all my apps but my contact list is only 50 people compared to the 300 i had. where did it all go?

i tried to go on google account using my computer and restore account in last 1day,2day,3day,4day,5day,6day,7,8,9,10,11,12..........27,28,29....

it cannot be found! just gone!

Default Re: Lost contacts even on google account

Welcome to Android Central! How did you get all of your contacts onto your old M8? Were they synced from your Google account? Did you enter them manually? Did the store rep transfer contacts from your old phone to the M8 using their little transfer machine?

The issue might be that the missing contacts were on the "Phone Account" on the M8, and not associated with a Google account. The Phone Account doesn't sync with Google--it can sync with other things like Outlook using HTC Sync or other 3rd party sync apps. So if those missing contacts were on the Phone Account and you didn't ask the store rep to transfer them over to your S5, or you didn't export them and then import them into your Google account, they're probably gone with the M8.

See this guide for more info: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part III: Managing Contacts