Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s5 or HTC One M8

I have an M7 and love it. But I want to upgrade. Having a tough time deciding on the gorgeous M8 or jumping ship to Samsung. Anyone else go thru this tough decision

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy s5 or HTC One M8

I thought about the M8 too but in the end went with the S5. Much better camera and I have a very nice case for it so the plastic build don't bother me.

Sent from my Galaxy S5
    larryandelle likes this.

I currently own an M8 and while I am generally happy I have been considering trading it for an S5, for a few key features the S5 has, namely a better screen with a much wider range of brightness, higher res camera (although I'd be giving up the M8's fantastic low light performance), lighter weight and water proof design. But I LOVE the M8 sound quality from both the external speakers and the headphone jack. I listen to a lot of music so that's a big deal to me. ...Sigh...

larryandelle likes this.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I guess you're not the only one with the hard decision... I'm still debating on what i want... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by larryandelle View Post
    I have an M7 and love it. But I want to upgrade. Having a tough time deciding on the gorgeous M8 or jumping ship to Samsung. Anyone else go thru this tough decision

I had the m8 for about a month before I switched to the s5. I switched for a number of reasons. First was the fact that the m8 was a curved phone. It felt so gre as the in hand, but I tend to type with my phone flat on the table and could not do that. Another issue that I had was the presence of the soft keys on the screen which took up precious screen real estate. This really bothered me. I agree with others have posted that the sound quality of the m8 was absolutely awesome! Best sound so far in a smartphone! I have to say that despite the speaker being on the back of the s5 the sound quality is not that bad, though certainly not as great as the m8. There was no doubt in my mind that the m8 was a much faster phone overall, as well. The s5 has a lot of lag and sometimes feels glitchy especially after you compare it to the m8. Both phones are excellent and they both bring different features to the table. Good luck in whatever your choose!

larryandelle likes this.