Samsung Galaxy S5 Freezing

Mrbukchoy

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I got this wonderful phone when i came out and i didnt really have any problems with it. Today i was doing the usual listening to music while playing games when the screen froze. The buttons didnt work and it felt dead. It wasent overheating or anything but i think it might concern the memory as it is pretty much full right now. I didnt touch the phone as it might auto restart or something but after half an hour it was still on the screen. I didnt know what to do so i took the battery out and put it back in. It restarted as normal and i thought it was better. right when i pulled the task bar down, it froze. I took out the battery and put it back in and i noticed when it froze, there was a nodification from an app called App Manager saying "notification Toggle is active". This app tells you your memory and RAM usage and all that and it clears junk space. i think it something to do with it so i tried deleting it but when i go to Application Manager in the settings, it says Restoring Data so i have to wait and then the nodification comes back and it freezes again.

Do you think i should go back to Vodafone and ask for another one or did i bust the warrantee by removing the battery or something. Please help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got this wonderful phone when i came out and i didnt really have any problems with it. Today i was doing the usual listening to music while playing games when the screen froze. The buttons didnt work and it felt dead. It wasent overheating or anything but i think it might concern the memory as it is pretty much full right now. I didnt touch the phone as it might auto restart or something but after half an hour it was still on the screen. I didnt know what to do so i took the battery out and put it back in. It restarted as normal and i thought it was better. right when i pulled the task bar down, it froze. I took out the battery and put it back in and i noticed when it froze, there was a nodification from an app called App Manager saying "notification Toggle is active". This app tells you your memory and RAM usage and all that and it clears junk space. i think it something to do with it so i tried deleting it but when i go to Application Manager in the settings, it says Restoring Data so i have to wait and then the nodification comes back and it freezes again.

Do you think i should go back to Vodafone and ask for another one or did i bust the warrantee by removing the battery or something. Please help.

Welcome to the forums.
First off, you didn't void the warranty by pulling the battery. So, no worries there.
Second, I am not sure why the device did what it did, but I would suggest this. Reboot the phone in recovery and clear the cache partition.
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Follow instructions for the S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1