Breaking Point....

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a verizon galaxy s5 for about a month now. All and all I'm very pleased with the phone I don't really have any complaints about it...except for one. It's not the s5's fault , I don't think, but I'm still not getting messages from iPhone users! After over a month of use coming from an iPhone I've been on the phone with apple, verizon, been on the customer support pages for both and even turned off imessage and sent texts for 2 days from my iPhone 5s before I picked up the s5. I don't want to go back to the iPhone but I'm really reaching a breaking point as I'm missing important messages daily. If anyone has any recommendations on how to help resolve this it would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'd be giving in to exactly what apple wants to do to people who leave ios. Oh and not all iphone users are still having as much as others. Seems to be only a select few, but it's enough to make me wanna give in.....
Thanks

dmn228

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Had this same problem last year. So frustrating and it took forever to straighten out. You can call Apple or better yet go to your local Apple Store for help. There is a serious flaw with imessage that Apple either can't fix or doesn't have a fix for that causes this.

If you can get your hands on an unused iPhone you could try settting it up with your icloud account enable imessage and then disable it to see if that will do the trick. Just a thought as I have no idea if it will work.

Posted via Android Central App

sg41

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
The only thing that worked for me was having my iPhone using friends delete me as a contact and then re-add me. Try having them do that

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that worked for me was having my iPhone using friends delete me as a contact and then re-add me. Try having them do that

haha did that actually work for all iphone users ? It seems like different networks respond differently some w AT&T work some don't. Unfortunately I know a lot of iPhone users so that would be a big project!

BTW it is 100% apples responsibility and they know exactly what they are doing imo.

lgdlman

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
iPhone has had issues and its been all over the net. Because it uses iMessage, unless you are sending to non-iPhone users, issues aren't apparent. It only rears its ugly head when you txt to non-iMessage users. Also, sometimes if you left an iPhone, Apple still thinks you are a user and tries to use the iMessage, go figure.

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've read up on it and everything I've read is it usually resolves itself after a week or 2 ....I'm now going on 6 weeks with the s5!!!!!!

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Try sending iphone users in your contacts SMS messages; the reply would likely be SMS instead of imessage

Sent from Space Gray design marvel of 2013

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The easy fix, (the one that solved the issue for me anyway), is to have all iOS users edit their iMessage settings to this:

imessage_as_sms_mms.png

Make sure that "Send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable" is "ON".

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Another thread for people to look through: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=396539
Sad to say goodbye :/

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Wow that's the 1st I've seen of that thread. I'm not giving into this [inappropriate language removed by moderators] lol ....been putting up with it over a month not giving in yet.

Called apple customer support today and they said I should be all set as they removed my # off the imessage database. Then my friend tested it for me an hr later and instead sent me a screen shot of his iPhone trying to send me an imessage. Ahhhhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:

cinavs

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Have your friend that just tried to send you the message hold his finger on the message bubble until he gets the options to come up: it should give him a choice of copy and more. If he clicks on "more" it should give him the option to send as a text instead of imessage. Usually if you do that a few times his phone will recognize that you are no longer on an iphone and send as SMS

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
He has been and every time it's trying to send imessages still. He's been force sending texts. Seems like his and 1 or 2 other iphones are still having the issue ....not all tho. Really weird!

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a verizon galaxy s5 for about a month now. All and all I'm very pleased with the phone I don't really have any complaints about it...except for one. It's not the s5's fault , I don't think, but I'm still not getting messages from iPhone users! After over a month of use coming from an iPhone I've been on the phone with apple, verizon, been on the customer support pages for both and even turned off imessage and sent texts for 2 days from my iPhone 5s before I picked up the s5. I don't want to go back to the iPhone but I'm really reaching a breaking point as I'm missing important messages daily. If anyone has any recommendations on how to help resolve this it would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'd be giving in to exactly what apple wants to do to people who leave ios. Oh and not all iphone users are still having as much as others. Seems to be only a select few, but it's enough to make me wanna give in.....
Thanks

Have you called Apple and told them to revoke your certificates for iMessage?