Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Breaking Point....

I've been using a verizon galaxy s5 for about a month now. All and all I'm very pleased with the phone I don't really have any complaints about it...except for one. It's not the s5's fault , I don't think, but I'm still not getting messages from iPhone users! After over a month of use coming from an iPhone I've been on the phone with apple, verizon, been on the customer support pages for both and even turned off imessage and sent texts for 2 days from my iPhone 5s before I picked up the s5. I don't want to go back to the iPhone but I'm really reaching a breaking point as I'm missing important messages daily. If anyone has any recommendations on how to help resolve this it would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'd be giving in to exactly what apple wants to do to people who leave ios. Oh and not all iphone users are still having as much as others. Seems to be only a select few, but it's enough to make me wanna give in.....
    Thanks
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Breaking Point....

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    http://m.imore.com/text-issues-switc...roid-heres-fix

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Moto G
    Thanks but I did all that prior to switching, as I stated in above message.

Had this same problem last year. So frustrating and it took forever to straighten out. You can call Apple or better yet go to your local Apple Store for help. There is a serious flaw with imessage that Apple either can't fix or doesn't have a fix for that causes this.

If you can get your hands on an unused iPhone you could try settting it up with your icloud account enable imessage and then disable it to see if that will do the trick. Just a thought as I have no idea if it will work.

Posted via Android Central App

The only thing that worked for me was having my iPhone using friends delete me as a contact and then re-add me. Try having them do that

Quote Originally Posted by sg41 View Post
    The only thing that worked for me was having my iPhone using friends delete me as a contact and then re-add me. Try having them do that
    You need more android friends and less iphone friends.
    Thanked by 2:
    crump13, brewzer, jdfry15 and 5 others like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

haha did that actually work for all iphone users ? It seems like different networks respond differently some w AT&T work some don't. Unfortunately I know a lot of iPhone users so that would be a big project!

BTW it is 100% apples responsibility and they know exactly what they are doing imo.

Same here!

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

iPhone has had issues and its been all over the net. Because it uses iMessage, unless you are sending to non-iPhone users, issues aren't apparent. It only rears its ugly head when you txt to non-iMessage users. Also, sometimes if you left an iPhone, Apple still thinks you are a user and tries to use the iMessage, go figure.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yeah I've read up on it and everything I've read is it usually resolves itself after a week or 2 ....I'm now going on 6 weeks with the s5!!!!!!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Try sending iphone users in your contacts SMS messages; the reply would likely be SMS instead of imessage

Sent from Space Gray design marvel of 2013

Global Posts
    22,185 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

OP, you might be interested in this: http://mashable.com/2014/05/19/apple-imessage-lawsuit/

I don't know what to suggest, other than to keep calling Apple until they help you with the issue.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    22,185 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Another thread for people to look through: Sad to say goodbye :/
    Sad to say goodbye :/

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    rob damiani likes this.

The easy fix, (the one that solved the issue for me anyway), is to have all iOS users edit their iMessage settings to this:

Breaking Point....-imessage_as_sms_mms.png

Make sure that "Send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable" is "ON".
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    The easy fix, (the one that solved the issue for me anyway), is to have all iOS users edit their iMessage settings to this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imessage_as_sms_mms.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	121846

Make sure that "Send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable" is "ON".
    Ya I tried this before I sold my iPhone and thought I'd be good to go but .....we see where that's gotten me lol
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Another thread for people to look through: Sad to say goodbye :/
    Sad to say goodbye :/

Wow that's the 1st I've seen of that thread. I'm not giving into this [inappropriate language removed by moderators] lol ....been putting up with it over a month not giving in yet.

Called apple customer support today and they said I should be all set as they removed my # off the imessage database. Then my friend tested it for me an hr later and instead sent me a screen shot of his iPhone trying to send me an imessage. Ahhhhhhhh

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Have your friend that just tried to send you the message hold his finger on the message bubble until he gets the options to come up: it should give him a choice of copy and more. If he clicks on "more" it should give him the option to send as a text instead of imessage. Usually if you do that a few times his phone will recognize that you are no longer on an iphone and send as SMS
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

He has been and every time it's trying to send imessages still. He's been force sending texts. Seems like his and 1 or 2 other iphones are still having the issue ....not all tho. Really weird!

This doesn't need to be done on your old iphone but rather on all of your friends iOS devices.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaRa1109 View Post
    Ya I tried this before I sold my iPhone and thought I'd be good to go but .....we see where that's gotten me lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaMaRa1109 View Post
    I've been using a verizon galaxy s5 for about a month now. All and all I'm very pleased with the phone I don't really have any complaints about it...except for one. It's not the s5's fault , I don't think, but I'm still not getting messages from iPhone users! After over a month of use coming from an iPhone I've been on the phone with apple, verizon, been on the customer support pages for both and even turned off imessage and sent texts for 2 days from my iPhone 5s before I picked up the s5. I don't want to go back to the iPhone but I'm really reaching a breaking point as I'm missing important messages daily. If anyone has any recommendations on how to help resolve this it would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I'd be giving in to exactly what apple wants to do to people who leave ios. Oh and not all iphone users are still having as much as others. Seems to be only a select few, but it's enough to make me wanna give in.....
    Thanks
    Have you called Apple and told them to revoke your certificates for iMessage?

Global Posts
    8,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

It seems like there has been a slight improvement since contacting Apple - give it a few days (if possible) and see if the issue is straightened out. Hate to see a S5 users, who seems to be enjoying the phone, leave due to something that is out of your control.

Keep us posted.

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cinavs View Post
    Have your friend that just tried to send you the message hold his finger on the message bubble until he gets the options to come up: it should give him a choice of copy and more. If he clicks on "more" it should give him the option to send as a text instead of imessage. Usually if you do that a few times his phone will recognize that you are no longer on an iphone and send as SMS
    This is exactly how I solved the issue. Every one of my iPhone friends who did this only had to do it once, and then from then on when they text me it automatically went as a text and not an imessage. Also, if you have your iPhone friends delete your conversation thread on their iPhones, it will solve the issue, as the iPhone no longer has an iMessage history in the phone for that phone number.

Class action, class action, class action. They will deny everything, put up an ad for database or cloud engineer....in six months nobody even remembers it used to be a problem.

I had the same problem twice in the past. Switching from iPhone 4 to GS3, and then from GS3 to iPhone 4 (after I broke my GS3), back to GS3. It was a nightmare.

As if texting with iphone users (especially in groups!) isn't hard enough. I called apple a ton of times, and I do have to say they were the most helpful. I would call your service provider maybe once, but apple was the way to go for support, for sure. They were very nice and TRIED to help, or so it seemed, but there was not much they could do.

They even had me put my SIM card back in the iPhone, turn off imessage, log out of everything, etc... The issue is that you can't change the imessage settings that include a phone number on the iPhone when it doesn't have a card in it. You'll see the number is grayed out. That was part of the problem for me. But, even after I did everything they said (the second time, especially, which was only 5 months ago), I was still missing texts from iPhone users. However, it slowly progressed to the point where the messages would actually not SEND on their part. So they would be notified "message not sent, send as text message?," which was a huge step up imo. After a few weeks the problem did iron itself out.

Post a message on social media or whatever to tell people not to text you without deleting you and adding you as a contact. Or to tell them to make sure that "the message is green." Gosh, apple users don't even know the difference between iMessage and SMS, just know how to see colors. Hang in there, don't give in!!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I'd say as of now about 15 out of 20 people that I text using iphones are coming thru fine. The is users who's iphones are still attempting to send me imessages I asked to delete me as a contact and add me back then send me a text. All 5 of them still attempted to send me imessages lol. At this point I can live with it because they a know what's going on and can force a text thru to me if needed although people forget to do that and just hit send most times and think it has been sent to me. Besides being very very annoying for such a basic everyday task I'm not giving in. I can live with it for now but the fact I'm still dealing with it for well over a month now is getting ridiculous! I've tried everything I've been able to find on the Internet as and on here and it just seems it's a bug or whatever on apples end. I like apple products but this is some sneaky (inappropriate language edited by Moderator) my friends!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast