Sending/Receiving Texts Questions +

VarietyPacks

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

A couple days ago I got the S5. I had, had an iPhone 4 prior and never had any weird issues with texting (but I was usually texting others with iPhones). Now I'm having some issues and would like to know if there's a way to fix them, perhaps.

My first problem is common and I doubt even has a fix. My girlfriend and I text back and forth a lot and she has an iPhone still (4S). When I had an iPhone and we just used iMessage, it never had a problem, of course. However, now that I use the S5, if the message exceeds a certain number of characters, then it splits the message and sends them separately. She pretty much never gets them in the right order and it usually takes an unreasonable amount of time for her to actually get all the messages. Would there happen to be some kind of setting that I can change or that she can change to prevent this from happening, it can be quite frustrating.

My next problem has to do just with her sending messages to me. She sent me a fairly long text this morning and when I received it, it wasn't actually a text. What I had received was a message that said "6:54 AM MMS". When I tap it, nothing happens. When I tap and hold it, I get the usually options which also includes "View slideshow". If I choose to view this "slideshow" then it just plays an 8 second clip of nothing, but the color white. Then, if I choose to save the "attachment", it tells me there are no attachments. We ended up having to have her screenshot the text and send me the pics... which is ridiculous, the text wasn't even THAT long. Does anyone know why this might've happened and what we can do to fix it/prevent it from happening again?

I don't know if it matters, but she has Verizon and I have Sprint.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

I might have more questions in the future, I'll let ya know!

Thanks again.

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Try disabling imessage on your old iphone with your SIM card inserted.

Sent from Space Gray design marvel of 2013

Last edited:

VarietyPacks

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Try disabling imessage on your old iphone with your SIM card inserted.

Sent from Space Gray design marvel of 2013

I don't really understand what this would accomplish. My problem seems to have to do with the length of the texts being sent. I don't see what iMessage has to do with that.

On a side note, iMessage is disabled on my iPhone.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
SMS messages are limited to 160 characters, when an SMS exceeds that count limitation it is broken up into multiple parts. The issue you are having with receiving MMS messages may be an account provisioning issue with your cell provider. Have you contacted your carrier about the issue?