Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto-Brightness not working all of a sudden

For the past few days, I noticed that my screen was very bright in dark conditions when checked on Auto-Brightness, so I would uncheck and recheck the box and it worked fine for a few hours until I had to repeat that step

Now, when I have it checked, the screen is extremely dim and not adjusting at all to brightness levels.

As a result, I have to manually adjust it.

Anyone else notice this weird phenomenon?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Default Re: Auto-Brightness not working all of a sudden

Is there anything that might be blocking the ambient light sensor (usually located right near the front-facing camera), like a case, a screen protector, or grime? If the sensor is blocked, then the phone will think that it's really dark, and therefore dim the screen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Auto-Brightness not working all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Is there anything that might be blocking the ambient light sensor (usually located right near the front-facing camera), like a case, a screen protector, or grime? If the sensor is blocked, then the phone will think that it's really dark, and therefore dim the screen.
    I have a S-View case with a Zagg glass protector, but I've had that since April 11 and nothing has changed, and it just started happening

-Sent from Tapatalk