- 1 Posts
Recovering deleted photos on Galaxy S5?
I realized today that all of my photographs and videos had been deleted off my Galaxy S5. I'm not sure how it happened... All of the recovery apps I've found won't work on files lost before the app was installed, and the only Windows based programs I've been able to find require the phone to be recognized as a USB device, which doesn't seem like an option for the S5. The phone is not rooted. Does anyone have any advice on how to recover the deleted files?
- Best AnswerSep 19 2014 | 2:29 pm EDT
If you didn't back these up before they were lost then unfortunately there is no way to recover them. In the future always use something to back them up such as Google + or Dropbox.
- 06-06-2014, 03:17 AM #2
- 20 Posts
Re: Recovering deleted photos
If you've connected your Google account to your phone and/or the free Dropbox account, all your pics and videos should be synced to the Google and Dropbox clouds. Check in those. If you haven't, it's a good idea to sync those for the future.
As for recovering the original files, I have no idea.
Sent from my Holy crap this is awesome S5 :-D
- 09-18-2014, 08:50 PM #3
- 09-19-2014, 09:47 AM #4
- 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM #5
- 10-10-2014, 10:35 AM #6
- 1 Posts
Re: Recovering deleted photos on Galaxy S5?
enable devoloper mode (youtube it)
then enable USB debbuging in devoloper option (do it when your recovery program is trying to recognise phone this will make a pop up screen to allow program to recognise phone as USB..be careful not to play around too much with devoloper mode though.
- 11-06-2014, 09:20 PM #7
- 10-27-2015, 05:13 AM #8
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2014, 11:05 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2014, 11:04 AM
- By FV0298 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2014, 11:02 AM
- By Zozimus in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2014, 06:49 AM
- By rahul rana2 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2014, 06:30 AM