Galaxy S5 Performance Thread

ALaz502

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So this is a thread to show off how badass and tweaked your phone is and for users to share tips and tricks to get the most performance out of their phones.

My RAM usage on startup:
Screenshot_2014-06-05-22-19-14.jpg

My LTE speed near a tower:
Screenshot_2014-05-31-14-13-35.jpg

My ANTUTU Benchmark:
Screenshot_2014-05-27-14-25-25.jpg

Running the XtreStroLite Rom with Blaze Kernel on the Tmobile variant.

I love this rom. It comes stock and 100% debloated and you can just add in the Samsung crap and Google Apps you like. For example, I added the Fingerprint Scanner, Smart Remote, and SVoice(just to turn off the homescreen button shortcut), and kept every other piece of crap bloat off. Phone runs 100% smooth all the time and my battery life is unreal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2732110

Last edited:

dkjames71

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks impressive, my used ram is double of yours. I'm not rooted yet but now I see the advantage of being rooted. Did you use the cf auto root? I may have to root my phone tonight.

Posted via Android Central App

ALaz502

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks impressive, my used ram is double of yours. I'm not rooted yet but now I see the advantage of being rooted. Did you use the cf auto root? I may have to root my phone tonight.

Yep. On Tmobile variant used the cf auto root method.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually like this debloated TouchWiz more than AOSP.

Only caveat with the XtreStroLite rom is that you give up Wifi Calling.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Iroxusux

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So this is a thread to show off how badass and tweaked your phone is and for users to share tips and tricks to get the most performance out of their phones.

My RAM usage on startup:
View attachment 122011

My LTE speed near a tower:
View attachment 122012

My ANTUTU Benchmark:
View attachment 122013

Running the XtreStroLite Rom with Blaze Kernel on the Tmobile variant.

I love this rom. It comes stock and 100% debloated and you can just add in the Samsung crap and Google Apps you like. For example, I added the Fingerprint Scanner, Smart Remote, and SVoice(just to turn off the homescreen button shortcut), and kept every other piece of crap bloat off. Phone runs 100% smooth all the time and my battery life is unreal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2732110

Hey, OP. Not sure if you're using it (no screenshot) but i use SetCPU to overclock the processor and bypass the govern they have on the phone (when needed. if not, it'll shoot it back down to a less stressful leverl.) *root needed

Iroxusux

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This is what I use to boost a little more power out of my governed phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-07-09-43-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-09-43-47.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 40

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking at the Play Store page for that one,
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.mhuang.overclocking&token=2Z0Arw9_

and there are a lot of folks really bad mouthing it.

I realize that competitors do this in a big way trying to drive business to "their camp".
As a valid user of that app, do you find any adbot activity, or other bad things like the Reviewers are claiming?

Iroxusux

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope, nothing bad in my expirience. Even when i used it with my GS4 i never had any lag between apps and my phone worked like a champ.
I wouldn't want to be wrong and send you in the wrong direction, but both me and my brother use it and our phones are great. Especially when i run game emulators and always downloading, unzipping and running multiple apps at once. Personally, I do recommend it, but again, I don't want to be wrong and throw you in the wrong direction. Just my two cents

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Good, but I note it only works for Rooted phones and that leaves us Verizon users out.

I just ran across OS Monitor which came up on the same page as SetCPU and after reviewing the write ups, I decided to install it. Wow, what a hand full of information is revealed by that app. It should have been on every Android phone upon release from the factory.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.eolwral.osmonitor&token=bpeigby0

I wrote a Review on their Play Store page:

Samsung S5: Went thru the new Kit Kat user pains and Bloatware issues that Verizon forces on its' customers. Amazon Suites eating up the battery big time... took me a long time to find the app chewing up the battery. The Network Connections feature is superb, you can see what is eating up your Data Link time.... IF this app, OS Monitor, had been on the phone when I first got it, my setup and configuration time would have been reduced to a bare minimum. this app is Free? it is way better than 99% of the Paid Apps created by unscrupulous providers. Looking for a way to donate to help this developer. He/She is top Notch... many thanks from a Satisfied User.

ALaz502

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I actually do use SetCPU. I like it a lot. Been using it since my HTC Evo days without any problems.

In fact, I have a profile set to actually UNDERCLOCK my maximum to 1.7ghz for daily use and haven't seen any adverse effects.

Additionally, I set up a profile to underclock my maximum to 600mhz when the screen turns off with no ill effects either.

Then when I benchmark I set my governor to performance or on demand, and set both my minimum and maximum to 2.4gz.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually do use SetCPU. I like it a lot. Been using it since my HTC Evo days without any problems.

In fact, I have a profile set to actually UNDERCLOCK my maximum to 1.7ghz for daily use and haven't seen any adverse effects.

Additionally, I set up a profile to underclock my maximum to 600mhz when the screen turns off with no ill effects either.

Then when I benchmark I set my governor to performance or on demand, and set both my minimum and maximum to 2.4gz.

Download AnTuTu... I would like to see the score you get. It should be a much higher score thsn what I got. I would be interested in what your score is.

ALaz502

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Download AnTuTu... I would like to see the score you get. It should be a much higher score thsn what I got. I would be interested in what your score is.

36832 is the highest score I've had. Strangely enough, I haven't found a kernel that let's me over clock.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
36832 is the highest score I've had. Strangely enough, I haven't found a kernel that let's me over clock.

That's a really good score. The chart at the end says my score of 35738 beats the HTC M8. I don't know how reliable AnTuTu is, but a lot of people in the forums swear by it. I would like to see more people's scores.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

My data speed...using SpeedTest... is 38.32 mbps. It usually runs between 36 mbps to 38mbps. I'm on AT&T. I heard T-Mobile has the fastest network.

ALaz502

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
yryza7up.jpg

Just got 37528 with the latest Blaze kernel!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08