Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default galaxy s5 touch problem

hello

my s5 working good but sometimes the touch be so bad like clicking top screen without touching it double clicking on keyboard

sometime it gone like for 1 or 2 week then it back 1 to 2 days then it gone

i found on youtube near to my problem

sorry for my bad english

-thanx

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: galaxy s5 touch problem

have a look at settings/accessibility/dexterity and interactions to see if the settings are too low

Also Have you one of those cheap mirror screen protectors fitted they typically sell in souks etc

I am having the same problem since the first day I bought my galaxy s5. At first I thought the touch problem would go away after the firmware update, but it didnt. The actual issue here is that the problem is not consistent and sometimes the phone works flawlessly while other times it stops registering my touches altogether...
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by sjaduae View Post
    have a look at settings/accessibility/dexterity and interactions to see if the settings are too low

Also Have you one of those cheap mirror screen protectors fitted they typically sell in souks etc
    Thanx for posting and i don't have mirror protector
    Quote Originally Posted by ahassanj View Post
    I am having the same problem since the first day I bought my galaxy s5. At first I thought the touch problem would go away after the firmware update, but it didnt. The actual issue here is that the problem is not consistent and sometimes the phone works flawlessly while other times it stops registering my touches altogether...
    same like you

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeed msl View Post
    Thanx for posting and i don't have mirror protector

same like you
    Have you tried a factory reset ?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yes one time after i bought it after week but looks like it gone for now
    it may back after days ...

It may be an app causing this issue, it could be the sensitivity settings, or your phone could be defective.

Or lag......, my phone lags at the pattern luck 5 screen someone's.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yes Ive tried the factory reset, no use. The issue still persists..

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    It may be an app causing this issue, it could be the sensitivity settings, or your phone could be defective.

Or lag......, my phone lags at the pattern luck 5 screen someone's.

lol... you included almost every possible problem... the thing is that I cant take it to the Samsung shop since its quite possible that the phone will behave normally there (considering my bad luck in such scenarios).

I know , I was just trying to show a checklist of things to investigate .

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

yes one time after i bought it after week but looks like it gone for now
    it may back after days ...
    If it comes and goes it must coincide with something other than settings ie maybe a back-up or other service starts to run eg an antivirus or an app you only use occasionally that stays running in background and consumes processing power which manifests as touch sensitivity

When the problem starts does a full restart stop it ie pull the battery for 5 mins ?

If it comes and goes it must coincide with something other than settings ie maybe a back-up or other service starts to run eg an antivirus or an app you only use occasionally that stays running in background and consumes processing power which manifests as touch sensitivity

When the problem starts does a full restart stop it ie pull the battery for 5 mins ?
    ok, let me explain my issue a bit more elaborately by taking an example of usage of my phone during a normal day. I wake up, check the phone for any calls, messages or emails. Read a few articles etc. When the screen is off, i turn the screen on, i try to unlock the screen but the touch does not work. I press the power key twice, the touch starts working normally. During the course of day, similar issue occurs. There is no consistency in any particular processing running on the phone, or any particular color showing on the screen. Its just that when I turn on the screen, the touch issue starts. It can be as minor as a few additional ghost / missed touches (in this case i can confirm the issue using YAMTT app) or it can be as bad as totally non responding touchscreen (in this case I cant even unlock the phone). After I press the power key repeatedly a few times (turning the screen on and off repeatedly), the phone starts working perfectly. But the issue can start again at any time...

I hope this wall of text clarifies the issue a bit. I am really annoyed with this problem since there arent many people reporting it and that its not an "always on" problem that I can show to the samsung guys. I am sure if I go to them and even if the phone exhibits this problem, they will just restart it and most prolly the problem will go away (as stated above) and give it back to me saying the problem is solved...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ok, let me explain my issue a bit more elaborately by taking an example of usage of my phone during a normal day. I wake up, check the phone for any calls, messages or emails. Read a few articles etc. When the screen is off, i turn the screen on, i try to unlock the screen but the touch does not work. I press the power key twice, the touch starts working normally. During the course of day, similar issue occurs. There is no consistency in any particular processing running on the phone, or any particular color showing on the screen. Its just that when I turn on the screen, the touch issue starts. It can be as minor as a few additional ghost / missed touches (in this case i can confirm the issue using YAMTT app) or it can be as bad as totally non responding touchscreen (in this case I cant even unlock the phone). After I press the power key repeatedly a few times (turning the screen on and off repeatedly), the phone starts working perfectly. But the issue can start again at any time...

I hope this wall of text clarifies the issue a bit. I am really annoyed with this problem since there arent many people reporting it and that its not an "always on" problem that I can show to the samsung guys. I am sure if I go to them and even if the phone exhibits this problem, they will just restart it and most prolly the problem will go away (as stated above) and give it back to me saying the problem is solved...
    hey bro seems i found the solution

do you have screen protector on your screen ?

Yes I do. But I have tested it without the screen protector as well. The issue still persisted...

- - - Updated - - -

Still, what solution did you find? I can try it anyway.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Yes I do. But I have tested it without the screen protector as well. The issue still persisted...

- - - Updated - - -

i just bought new screen protector but the problem been reduced

Still, what solution did you find? I can try it anyway.

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Have you disabled any of the bloat? Some slice of bloat may be keeping the CPU/kernel busy.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

It sounds like you have an app or a widget that is not compatible that also has a screen saver or display but it's not appearing correctly and shows as a non responsive screen until you manage to dismiss it

I had already suggested a screen protector to Yazeed in my very 1st message
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Have you disabled any of the bloat? Some slice of bloat may be keeping the CPU/kernel busy.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1
    how i can do this?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

It sounds like you have an app or a widget that is not compatible that also has a screen saver or display but it's not appearing correctly and shows as a non responsive screen until you manage to dismiss it

I had already suggested a screen protector to Yazeed in my very 1st message
    Thanks for that

Yazeed bro you did not mention anything in your comment. What exactly was the solution? Removal of screen protector?

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1
    I have disabled almost half of the samsung proprietary softwares. Do you think disabling those might be an issue? But that wasnt an issue with my previous galaxy note 3 and galaxy s2 etc..

Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I have disabled almost half of the samsung proprietary softwares. Do you disabling those might be an issue? But that wasnt an issue with my previous galaxy note 3 and galaxy s2 etc..
    I think disabling the utilities you're not using can only help but I'm certainly no experienced expert.

sV
    Live long and prosper.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Yazeed bro you did not mention anything in your comment. What exactly was the solution? Removal of screen protector?
    oh sorry i wasn't have screen protector just bought one and its gone

oh sorry i wasn't have screen protector just bought one and its gone
    Wow.. Strange.. I have a screen protector too. So, your problem was solved by using a screen protector... I thought you were suggesting me to remove the screen protector. ( I think so did sjaduae)...

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

hello

my s5 working good but sometimes the touch be so bad like clicking top screen without touching it
    I'm new to the S5 myself, but if you're still looking for a solution, I did notice under settings/display there is a setting for touch sensitivity. It's all the way down at the bottom of the display options.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast