Storage contacts don't appear! Help please.

ilikecake123

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

Just got the S5 and thought all my numbers were brought over but half my contact list is missing. Only google contacts are shown under contacts. Only If I search for storage contacts do they come up as a search result and that's it. So they're not missing, but how can I get ALL my contacts under the contacts list!?

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

Just got the S5 and thought all my numbers were brought over but half my contact list is missing. Only google contacts are shown under contacts. Only If I search for storage contacts do they come up as a search result and that's it. So they're not missing, but how can I get ALL my contacts under the contacts list!?

Do you mean sim contacts or device are not showing ?

Try under contacts/settings/contacts to display and all is selected

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm with Verizon and had 3 different Contact Lists.

The only one that was "almost complete" was with Verizon's Cloud servers. It was missing a couple of contacts I had added the same week that I got my S5. I had Backup on manual, not automatic that week as I was playing with the S5 and didn't want to mess up my contacts...

The other lists were with Google (at least half of my 390 contacts were missing)
The last and most insignificant list was gmail, it only showed like 3 contacts?

The worst of the lot though, was somehow the S5 and me managed to try and merge the contact lists with my Yahoo email list. What a clusterzuck that was.... none of those have a phone number in them.

I had to disconnect all of the sync links to the non-wanted lists. I purged the Contact list in the phone and then downloaded my Verizon Cloud list. That put me back to where I was the week before. Only 3 numbers lost.

You don't mention what your previous phone was/is. Did it store a backup list on a SD card? neither my older phone nor my S5 have SD cards so I did not have that option.

ilikecake123

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that sounds really frustrating. I would go crazy, almost there tho lol. I had a galaxy s3 before and some contacts were saved on the SIM card. When I got the s5 the woman at the store helped me transfer my contacts and I thought, oh how nice. Then I went home and realized a lot of people were missing.

When I dialed a missing friends number and his name popped up! So all my SIM card contacts are there but just not on display. I tried settings but card isn't even an option.

From what I'm reading you started all over again and just downloaded the cloud?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What contacts are in the "Device" group? This strikes me as probably the same as the "Phone Account" from other phones, whose contacts do not sync with Google. When the wireless store rep transfers contacts from one phone to another, they often end up in the Phone Account. The problem with it is that since the contacts don't sync with Google, they aren't backed up easily.

If your missing contacts are in fact in the Device group, then see if you can export them to a VCF or CSV file, then import that file into your Google account, either directly on your phone, or using the Google Contacts website. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-android-2014-part-iii-managing-contacts.html

ilikecake123

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Actually it all works now. Strangely enough. I took out the sim card and reinserted, and now there is a SIM card option so all my contacts are available. Thanks everyone!

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This whole mess is why my contacts are in Outlook on my computer and I sync them with the phone using DejaOffice (Android app installed on device) and Companion Link (software installed on computer). Just make sure that when you add new contacts on the device that you use the Deja Contacts portion of DejaOffice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC