Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5 Charging issues

Hi Guys

Just wanted to know if anybody has experienced anything similar or has any solutions:

My wife and I both have Galaxy S5's. Hers is a 16Gb LTE (Vodacom) and mine is a 32Gb Non-LTE (Nashua). Her phone shipped with a USB3 charger, mine with a normal micro usb. Her charger does work on mine as well though.

The problem is that I have a powermonkey (external charger) which has worked on my Motorola RAZR XT910, Galaxy note 2 and my wifes previous Galaxy note 3. It works on my wifes S5 but not on mine, even with the original Samsung cable. I also have a car USB charger and it doesn't charge on that either. Any ideas as to how I could get it to charge with either of the 2?

Default Re: Galaxy S5 Charging issues

The S5 requires a 2.0/2.1 amp charger source, and the charging cable MUST be of high quality in order to be able to provide that much current.

I have a hand full of older USB cables and cheap fleabay under $2.00 charger modules. None of them will successfully charge the S5 battery.

One of them will trickle charge it at a rate of 5% or so per hour. Useless for all intent and purposes.

Only the OEM 2.1 amp charger module that came with the phone will charge my S5 properly. It will go from about 10% to 100% in 90 minutes flat.

I now use the OEM charger module with my Qi charger pad. It was useless trying to use the older a/c adapter modules I had.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON