Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't link phone contacts with facebook. Please help!!

I'll try to explain my issue better: (I have Facebook contacts and messaging contacts/phone numbers that I want to merge). My attempt was this: From CONTACTS, I chose an entry (the facebook one) and then tapped the 3 dots that give the "LINK CONTACTS" option. From there, it shows my list of messaging contacts. I chose the person I want to Link/Merge, - it checks a box- and then tapped DONE.
    You'd think their phone number would merge with the facebook contact, but it doesn't. And further, that messaging number entry disappears from the list. Please help - it's really annoying

Oh! and one more thing! I tried to enter/add the phone number manually to the facebook contact and tapped the pencil to EDIT, but the screen grays out and you can't edit. WTH??????
    Thanks

Default Re: Can't link phone contacts with facebook. Please help!!

I am assuming you are don't this from the contacts app, though you haven't said whether you have the Facebook app in your phone and from which app you are doing this. so, If you have a Facebook app, you need to go to your sync settings and sync contacts with Facebook, not as you do it.