- 4 Posts
Touch key won't light up after submerging it into water
I wanted to make sure everything is working before i root the phone so i tried testing the IP67 capability. After submerging the phone in the water about 1 min, the back button is not lighted up but the recent button light is flickering and after awhile it stopped. I tried going into the settings and switch touch key light duration to always on but both touch key still remains the same not lighted up. Everything is working except for the 2 touch key not lighting up.
Any idea how to fix this?
- 06-07-2014, 05:08 PM #2
- 06-07-2014, 05:55 PM #3
Re: Touch key won't light up after submerging it into water
To me, this means an accidental splash, not for me to go submerging it on purpose.
For you, that is history.
Pull the battery and leave it out... then do the following:
1) get a gallon ziplock bag and fill it with white rice, put the phone n the middle and zip it closed for 24 hours mininum, longer is better.
2) if you have access to a vacuum pump (Harbor Freight, etc...) put it in a gallon jar sealed tight, insert the pump's suction hose onto a nipple you make for the jar lid, and pump it down to -26 inches of vacuum. Leave it for a couple or 3 hours.
Either way, it will be fixed again.
- By Shrimp123456 in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-08-2014, 11:58 PM
- By melanie_jane in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 10Last Post: 06-08-2014, 03:03 PM
- By majdi suliman in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 06-08-2014, 11:34 AM
- By wwolf in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 06-08-2014, 05:15 AM
- By cammo2805 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-07-2014, 08:28 AM