Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'll give a hug to anyone who can tell me how to add notes on the lockscreen.

Is there a way to have several little notes on the lockscreen on the Galaxy S5? If I want to have a grocery list, and a list of tasks to work on, and I can see them before I unlock my phone, is there any way to do this? Or perhaps clever ways of accomplishing this using 3rd party lockscreen apps/widgets? Anyone who can help me with this will be a great help, and I will find you and give you a hug, a good one too, probably at least a 7-10 second embrace.

Default Re: I'll give a hug to anyone who can tell me how to add notes on the lockscreen.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried the Google Keep lockscreen widget? You can make To-Do lists using Keep, and the widget allows you to view them from the lockscreen.
    AZgl1500 and overground55 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I'll give a hug to anyone who can tell me how to add notes on the lockscreen.

Thank you for the response Diddy, I can't seem to figure out how to make notes on Keep show up on the lockscreen. Can you help me with this? I'm using the 9 dot unlock mode, dunno if that could be keeping me from seeing anything note related.

Are you able to add the Keep lockscreen widget in the first place? If so, then make sure your main Keep app is syncing. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure Keep is checked.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I don't know how to add it to the lockscreen on the s5 Diddy.

Also, I would like to have the notes stay up for up to a month if possible. The reminders in Keep only seem to stay for a day at a time.

I don't believe the default Galaxy S5 lockscreen lets you add widgets to it. I've never been able to figure it out.

You probably need to use a different lockscreen such as Widget Locker to accomplish this.

You're probably right. I don't have an S5, so I can't say definitively how to do it. It's easier on a Nexus 5. Let me look into this a little more ...
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Tricky, I downloaded the go locker app, it looks promising. Have you found a go locker theme that would emulate a notepad where I can view the same text every day, and edit as I like?

I have not as I don't use Go Locker. You might be able to add a notes widget to it though.