Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

53 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Question root question

hello to all
    been a while this might sound like a dumb question but after doing a bit of reading. it states i can root my s5 on tmobile and not trip the knox.???
    and the only way to trip the knox is by installing a different rom or kernel.??? i just finance this phone tru tmobile and don't want to trip the knox in case in 6months i want to do the jump to a different phone if this one don't work out.and if that is the case which root program do i use. thanks

Default Re: root question

I've been reading three S5 forums and so far, I am not getting enough positive vibes that rooting the S5 is worth while.

There aren't very many ROMs available and the help is not too good yet.

AT&T and Verizon have decided to make it darn near impossible to root phones on their system.

There are precious few things you can do with a rooted phone that you can't do with a stock carrier version.

I'm on Verizon so rooting it is a moot point, ain't a gonna happen anytime soon, if ever.

So far, TouchWiz has been able to do anything that I wanted. but, the grass can sometimes look greener on the other side of the fence.