Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Auto Correct OFF but Possible Words Choice ON?

    Is it possible on the S5 to turn off the auto correct (where you type in something correctly, although maybe not be a real word, but it changes it to something you don't want) but leave on the word suggestion pop ups (ie: I type in pre and it gives me several words I may be getting ready to type)?

    Thanks.

    TripleB67
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Auto Correct OFF but Possible Words Choice ON?

    I have not bothered to look.


    What I do is touch the Check Mark....
    That forces it to leave your text exactly like you typed it.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

    Nova Prime, MacroDroid, Textra, Blue Mail
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Auto Correct OFF but Possible Words Choice ON?

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleB67 View Post
    Is it possible on the S5 to turn off the auto correct (where you type in something correctly, although maybe not be a real word, but it changes it to something you don't want) but leave on the word suggestion pop ups (ie: I type in pre and it gives me several words I may be getting ready to type)?

    Thanks.

    TripleB67
    I just tap the check mark on the left in the line with the word predictions, the word is then added to my user dictionary and is recognized from that point forward. In case I choose to remove the word from my dictionary later, I just press and hold on it in the predictive text line and an option to remove it from the dictionary pop ups.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Auto Correct OFF but Possible Words Choice ON?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    What I do is touch the Check Mark....
    That forces it to leave your text exactly like you typed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    I just tap the check mark on the left in the line with the word predictions, the word is then added to my user dictionary and is recognized from that point forward. In case I choose to remove the word from my dictionary later, I just press and hold on it in the predictive text line and an option to remove it from the dictionary pop ups.

    THANK YOU!!!!!

    That's awesome....never knew what the check mark was there for (got the phone 2 days ago)....I appreciate you both giving me that information, that is fantastic, and will help me A LOT!!!!

    Again, I greatly appreciate your help!

    TripleB67

Similar Threads

  1. Folders: How to create on Home Screens
    By AZgl1500 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 05:12 PM
  2. TIZEN OS on Galaxy Gear - Drawbacks
    By Paulo Ruy Barbosa in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 02:36 PM
  3. New screen on LG Intutiton?
    By jessicarr in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 12:56 PM
  4. my Google play not working on HTC one
    By danu374 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions