Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By woahohkelsey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is an Otterbox case worth it?

I've been thinking about buying an Otterbox Defender Wallet case (I'm very partial to wallet cases) but wanted to know if the price was worth it. I've heard about them causing pressure cracks so I'm a little nervous
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Is an Otterbox case worth it?

I haven't used one personally, but I think if you're OK with the bulkiness, they're not all that bad. They will protect your phone very well, and I don't know many other wallet cases that do the same.

I use a Defender on my S5 and no problems so far. I have to try to be aware that while it is in the holster that the camera glass is exposed to elements; seat belts in particular concern me. I can see how it might be damaged while wearing it in the belt clip if you aren’t careful.

Otherwise, I’ve always loved the Defenders on my work phones and on this new personal phone. They at least tried to make it a bit more slim/sleek on the S5.

Just bought through Otter Box Defender for my new S5 and I am quite satisfied with it. The price is a bit on the high side but it will protect the S5. V r r well worth the investment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

For some phones it's been popular to get an Otterbox but pop out the plastic shield and instead apply a tempered glass screen protector on the phone before putting it into the case....

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    For some phones it's been popular to get an Otterbox but pop out the plastic shield and instead apply a tempered glass screen protector on the phone before putting it into the case....
    I did exactly that with the Otterbox Defender.... I absolutely love it!!!

I miss my otter box.I had the commuter one with the free screen protector because it was less bulk. It worked great though.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I wound up getting it but just leaving my tempered glass screen protector on. Like it so far.
    UJ95x and Matt Ellis2 like this.

Good case with a great warranty but, they do add quite a bit of bulk

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s5

I find the Defender overkill. If you don't need the ultimate protection that the Defender provides thin I would take a close look at the Otter Box Commuter case. It provides plenty of protection for my daily use and is as sleek and slim as the phone itself. Very happy with my Commuter case and my Zagg Glass screen protector.