Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skinnytoo2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery issue

Check out the screen shot below. Not good at all. I installed battery doctor and since my battery has sucked! Any one else experience same?

Thanks!

Default Re: Battery issue

What is your Display running time status?
    And I think GPS/Location eats battery too much. Disable it.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I have both disabled. Screen time is 2h 21m

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skinnytoo2 View Post
    Check out the screen shot below. Not good at all. I installed battery doctor and since my battery has sucked! Any one else experience same?

Thanks!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/yhasyrys.jpg
    Battery saving apps are mostly snake oil, except maybe a few like Tasker. They often use way too much CPU and lock the phone in 'keep awake' which drains more power than the normal screen-off idle.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Battery saving apps are mostly snake oil, except maybe a few like Tasker. They often use way too much CPU and lock the phone in 'keep awake' which drains more power than the normal screen-off idle.
    I don't necessarily disagree with this, but Battery Doctor is not one of the "snake oil" type apps.

It is compact, very useful, and uses very little power. It is way down on the bottom of the list for power consumption.

It does not keep the phone awake either, it will put it to sleep if you leave it alone, and it will switch off features that you Check Mark in the Options Menus. It is made by KSMobile of Clean Master team.

Did you create the two Widgets that Battery Doctor has? They are important.
    One is a screen that offers you instant access to turning off things you don't need for a while, or while in bed, etc...

The other one will kill off background apps instantly when you want it to. This happens when the phone goes to sleep also.

Relgoshan: I see you often mention Tasker.... I downloaded an app by the singular name of Tasker and it has to be programmed. I don't see a single thing that can be done with it unless you add something else to it? Please provide a link and why you keep recommending it? I paid for that darn thing and it is useless to me (as of now).

Verizon Galaxy S5 since 4/11/'14
    Nova Prime
    Textra
    MacroDroid

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with this, but Battery Doctor is not one of the "snake oil" type apps.

It is compact, very useful, and uses very little power. It is way down on the bottom of the list for power consumption.

It does not keep the phone awake either, it will put it to sleep if you leave it alone, and it will switch off features that you Check Mark in the Options Menus. It is made by KSMobile of Clean Master team.

Did you create the two Widgets that Battery Doctor has? They are important.
    One is a screen that offers you instant access to turning off things you don't need for a while, or while in bed, etc...

The other one will kill off background apps instantly when you want it to. This happens when the phone goes to sleep also.

Relgoshan: I see you often mention Tasker.... I downloaded an app by the singular name of Tasker and it has to be programmed. I don't see a single thing that can be done with it unless you add something else to it? Please provide a link and why you keep recommending it? I paid for that darn thing and it is useless to me (as of now).

Frequently? Other folks normally are the ones bringing it up. It gives extreme control but it's less friendly than most of the turnkey apps, which is why there are a billion Tasker tutorials for anything you'd like. It can save battery, control messaging and data sync, and so much more. I seldom use it but I do respect it.

My LG phone already has one-touch in menu for the couple things like GPS and Data. I still want to add some tasker tweaks on it too but deciding what features work well as they are....

how to post a question/topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Frequently? Other folks normally are the ones bringing it up. It gives extreme control but it's less friendly than most of the turnkey apps, which is why there are a billion Tasker tutorials for anything you'd like. It can save battery, control messaging and data sync, and so much more. I seldom use it but I do respect it.

My LG phone already has one-touch in menu for the couple things like GPS and Data. I still want to add some tasker tweaks on it too but deciding what features work well as they are....
    Ah, well, that will have to wait until the snow flies and I can't get out of the house. maybe then I will try to figure out how to create something useful with it. Its' paid for now, won't waste the download.

What irks me though is when someone suggests using an app like Tasker to a neophyte who is just barely getting around with their new phone and maybe new to Android also.

An app like that is useless for them, just like it is for me right now and I've been around computers since I started programming in binary machine language back in the late '70s.

I am not familiar with the coding that Tasker uses, that makes it a blank sheet of paper and useless.
    Nova Prime
    Textra
    MacroDroid

Ah, well, that will have to wait until the snow flies and I can't get out of the house. maybe then I will try to figure out how to create something useful with it. Its' paid for now, won't waste the download.

What irks me though is when someone suggests using an app like Tasker to a neophyte who is just barely getting around with their new phone and maybe new to Android also.

An app like that is useless for them, just like it is for me right now and I've been around computers since I started programming in binary machine language back in the late '70s.

I am not familiar with the coding that Tasker uses, that makes it a blank sheet of paper and useless.
    "...except maybe a few like Tasker." Yeah, I'm sorry you picked it up only because I mentioned as an example. I guess that could have been read as an endorsement...

Supercharge your Android Device's Abilities with Tasker

A well written short piece about the app. If you spare a little time for it eventually, you can fill in whatever gaps there are with your phone's built in controls.

Hmmm I guess a notion of the editing level is, around similar to following a tutorial for regedit or about:config? There is an element selector and some other bits built in, at least.

True enough, but it is not available for instant use by the user who downloads it as "most apps" are.

but, we are hijacking this thread. I'm stopping here.
    Nova Prime
    Textra
    MacroDroid

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thanks all, through some trial and error I have found battery is better without battery doctor and clean sweep.
    Relgoshan likes this.