Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default music app, Artists

hi all,

when I copy all the music from my computer across to my S5 I end up with about a million artists on the phone from all the albums with 'various artists' (e.g ministry of sound) each with one track in them, which is a real pain when trying to scroll through.

I know I can use the 'album' tab, but I don't always know the name of all my albums.

is there a way (on the phone or PC) to organise it so it doesn't happen. on the PC I have folders like 'ministry of sound' which then lead to each individual album I have, and then to the tracks inside, however the S5 doesn't look for folders, I just looks for the tracks inside. I would like something like I have there on my pc, but on the phone.

any ideas guys?

cheers

Global Posts
    4,310 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: music app, Artists

Quote Originally Posted by nick162008 View Post
    hi all,

when I copy all the music from my computer across to my S5 I end up with about a million artists on the phone from all the albums with 'various artists' (e.g ministry of sound) each with one track in them, which is a real pain when trying to scroll through.

I know I can use the 'album' tab, but I don't always know the name of all my albums.

is there a way (on the phone or PC) to organise it so it doesn't happen. on the PC I have folders like 'ministry of sound' which then lead to each individual album I have, and then to the tracks inside, however the S5 doesn't look for folders, I just looks for the tracks inside. I would like something like I have there on my pc, but on the phone.

any ideas guys?

cheers
    You can make a playlist on your music app and organize it that way.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson