Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Notification Help Please....

I downloaded a couple of notification tones (ones I created using music from my computer) using MyxerTones. Everything worked perfectly for a couple days. I had one song as my notification for a day or two (worked perfectly) and then switched to a second song (worked perfectly).

Yesterday afternoon it was working right. Then around supper time last night I got a text and it played the previous notification music. Checked the phone and it still had my the correct notification checked...the old one wasn't even listed even though that was the one it was playing. I deleted the old one from my phone thinking that would work but somehow it still played the one I deleted.

This morning I turned on my phone and got a text and all it did was vibrate. I erased the second notification I loaded and just selected one of the preloaded notification tones and it won't play that either. It just vibrates. I've made sure I haven't 'muted' the sound somewhere and it doesn't look like the sound is muted anywhere.

Any idea what the problem might be???

Thanks.

TripleB67

Global Posts
    21,016 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Notification Help Please....

To clarify, MyxerTones is an app from Play, correct? If so, have you tried clearing the cache for it?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Actually no app is involved. It 'texts' the ringtone to your phone.

I've turned all the volumes I know up today and all I get is a vibration....no sound comes from notifications at all now...even using one of the S5 notification tones.

The ring for when I get a phone call works....just not the notification tones.

TripleB67

Have you done a Restart on the phone?
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Took it to two Verizon Wireless places this afternoon....neither one could figure out the problem. They finally ended up giving me a new phone.

TripleB67