S5 Vibration Issues

wiseone624

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to research this but can not find an exact way to fix the low vibration or lack there of on my S5 for notifications and texts. Even if it is on my coffee table or sitting right next to me, I do not hear the phone vibrate! It appears as if in the Sounds section notifications and texts are set to silent. But when you use the button on the side and see that configuration it shows vibration. But the master seems to be over riding the feature. Thanks for your help!

2014-06-10 13.22.16.jpg

2014-06-10 13.22.52.jpg

fleckrj

May 12, 2014
Visit site
In <Settings>, <Sound>, <Vibration intensity> be sure that the intensity is set to its highest position. This is still weak compared to other phones I have had.

In <Settings>, <Sound>, <Vibration>, select "Ticktock". I have found that this setting is the most noticeable of the choices.

wiseone624

May 26, 2014
Visit site
And vibration intensity is at the max. I will try ticktock though. Yeah, my S3 the vibration was so loud it would wake me if I was sleeping. This phone I can't hear or feel it when it is right next to me.

2014-06-10 19.37.00.jpg

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
When I do as you suggested, it shows it is on vibrate. But the settings still show silent for notifications and system.

That's because you have vibrate only selected you need to select sound, this is why you have no ringtone, notification or system sounds

You have 3 options mute, vibrate only and sound

If you have vibrate you will not hear any sounds but when on sound if you have some apps set with vibrate also you will receive both

wiseone624

May 26, 2014
Visit site
That's because you have vibrate only selected you need to select sound, this is why you have no ringtone, notification or system sounds

You have 3 options mute, vibrate only and sound

If you have vibrate you will not hear any sounds but when on sound if you have some apps set with vibrate also you will receive both

On the S3, if my phone was set to vibrate, my notifications were only in vibrate too. I do not want sound when it is vibrate mode.

When I do have sound on, I like it to play a sound AND vibrate. But vibrate I should get my notifications to JUST vibrate and not create a sound. So that is what I am trying to figure out.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
On the S3, if my phone was set to vibrate, my notifications were only in vibrate too. I do not want sound when it is vibrate mode.

When I do have sound on, I like it to play a sound AND vibrate. But vibrate I should get my notifications to JUST vibrate and not create a sound. So that is what I am trying to figure out.

Try setting the master to sound as above then go to settings/sound/volume and set notifications volume to 0

wiseone624

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Try setting the master to sound as above then go to settings/sound/volume and set notifications volume to 0

There seems to be some confusion on what I am trying to accomplish. When my phone is on vibrate, I want my ringtone AND notifications to vibrate only. Right now, when it is on vibrate, the notifications are pretty much silent.

99% of the time I do not keep my phone on with sound. So I want to be able to feel and hear the vibration when the phone is in close proximity. This was easily accomplished on my S3, which like I said, if the phone was on the table, it vibrated so loud I can hear it from across the room or would even wake me from sleeping. This is not happening on the S5 as it appears when in vibration mode, the notifications are silent as referenced in the pictures I posted in my original post.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
There seems to be some confusion on what I am trying to accomplish. When my phone is on vibrate, I want my ringtone AND notifications to vibrate only. Right now, when it is on vibrate, the notifications are pretty much silent.

99% of the time I do not keep my phone on with sound. So I want to be able to feel and hear the vibration when the phone is in close proximity. This was easily accomplished on my S3, which like I said, if the phone was on the table, it vibrated so loud I can hear it from across the room or would even wake me from sleeping. This is not happening on the S5 as it appears when in vibration mode, the notifications are silent as referenced in the pictures I posted in my original post.

Thanks for the clarification,

Have you checked your settings in messages/settings/notifications/vibrate is checked and the same for phone/settings/call/ringtones and keypad tones/vibrations

wiseone624

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification,

Have you checked your settings in messages/settings/notifications/vibrate is checked and the same for phone/settings/call/ringtones and keypad tones/vibrations

Yes, they are all set to vibrate for notifications. Maybe part of the problem is the Verizon messaging app? It is set to vibrate but maybe the app has a bug? I've gotten used to messaging on there though. I had used the stock app on my S3 and Nexus.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, they are all set to vibrate for notifications. Maybe part of the problem is the Verizon messaging app? It is set to vibrate but maybe the app has a bug? I've gotten used to messaging on there though. I had used the stock app on my S3 and Nexus.

Try the stock app for a few sms and if its ok then you know its Verizon messaging app

Chris Twite

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I have recently been having this same issue. I'm not sure if it as to do with a recent upgrade. But when my sgs5 is in 'vibrate' mode, my notifications are silent (no sond, no vibrate), while my ringtone is in vibrate with no sound.

ktjkscott

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever find a way to resolve this issue? I am having the exact same problem, when set to vibrate notification and system is set to silent and absolutely no way to change it- either I turn on the sound or have no way of receiving notification :(. I've done a factory reset and still nothing, problem just started today. HELP!!! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret