Samsung Integration

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Why samsung doesn't integrate the phones with the tablets like apple does?
I have a galaxy s5 and a galaxy note 10.1 and a samsung laptop and I don't see integration like apple, is sad...
Any toughs?? Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What are u trying to Integrate exactly, cuz I think you can, via Kies or another program

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Like if I get a call I can see who's calling in my note 10.1 or se my messages that I get in my phone on the note 10.1 and stuff like that.
Like apple does...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Like if I get a call I can see who's calling in my note 10.1 or se my messages that I get in my phone on the note 10.1 and stuff like that.
Like apple does...

Isn't this new in iOS 8 so Apple is still coming out with it correct?

I know with Apple you could text via iMessage from your iPad and stuff.... But you can do that with Samsung ChatOn I believe as well.

Calls were definitely something that I could of swore was just announced.... So you're blaming Samsung for not coming out with it the second that Apple did?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
You might want to try messing around with the Pushbullet app. I think it can do some of the things you're asking for, at least with notifications.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What i want from Samsung is the same as Apple is doing with the ios full integration between the devices, not 3 party apps like pushbullet and stuff like that, I want Samsung to be an ecosystem same as apple, don't get me wrong i'm happy with my samsung laptop/galaxy s5 and my note 10.1 but I will like to see more integration between them

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
By example if i receive a text i want to be able to answer the text with my note 10.1 or my laptop, that is the kind of integration I want from samsung devices...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
By example if i receive a text i want to be able to answer the text with my note 10.1 or my laptop, that is the kind of integration I want from samsung devices...

I use Google Voice for texts and I can receive and send texts from any Android device.

Same with notifications to my Google voice number

On Verizon, I can install the Verizon messages app on a tablet to respond and send texts from my Verizon number from tablets. There is also a Web interface.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Like apple does...

Get this app called Mighty Text
- With this app, you can text, MMS, or group chat from your computer and your android
- Also when you get a call, you can see who is calling from your computer, you can even answer the call
- You can also make calls from your computer
- You can also send websites, pics, docs, from your computer to your phone

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What i want from Samsung is the same as Apple is doing with the ios full integration between the devices, not 3 party apps like pushbullet and stuff like that, I want Samsung to be an ecosystem same as apple, don't get me wrong i'm happy with my samsung laptop/galaxy s5 and my note 10.1 but I will like to see more integration between them

Well doubt it will ever work as perfectly since Android allows carriers to modify things and that causes delay on updates. Apple completely controls all software on the phone so.. It's easier to say yes this will behave this exact way.

If you want it that bad... I'd have to suggest you go to iOS if it suits your needs better.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think if you want the samw level of hardware and software integration as Apple you will have to use Apple products.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well doubt it will ever work as perfectly since Android allows carriers to modify things and that causes delay on updates. Apple completely controls all software on the phone so.. It's easier to say yes this will behave this exact way.

If you want it that bad... I'd have to suggest you go to iOS if it suits your needs better.

I dont think is a carrier problem is a samsung problem because even if the software is diferent in some aspects for different carriers the Samsung products should be able to integrate regardless.
I love my samsung devices but I think samsung needs to improve this integration aspect quickly imo.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think if you want the samw level of hardware and software integration as Apple you will have to use Apple products.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1

Im not going to apple any soon but I think samsung imo shoul step up in this matter

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I dont think is a carrier problem is a samsung problem because even if the software is diferent in some aspects for different carriers the Samsung products should be able to integrate regardless.
I love my samsung devices but I think samsung needs to improve this integration aspect quickly imo.

Uh.. Not necessarily... Have you done programming before? If you have a tablet and a phone running on a different version of the OS you could easily run into issues where one has certain bugs.. Or doesn't work properly.. Etc. Etc.

Apple controls the entire phone software and hardware. So they know when they test it a bunch in house it'll work across all devices since all are running the exact same software.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think Samsung had done a pretty good job with their software and features. I honestly don't need Apple-level integration but it wouldn't hurt either I suppose.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you rmadrid20. It's not like Apple actually developed anything - webOS has had integration between its tablet and phone since 2011.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My god man if you want Samsung to be the same as Apple GET AN APPLE!!! I don't want my S5 to be anything like Apple.

You didn't get the pion my good man !! I have my galaxy s5 as well and I dont want to change it for nothing in this world, all I want is kore integration between the samsung devices, all I own is samsung (GS5, Galaxy tap 10.1, Samsung Laptop).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad