Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AZgl1500
  • 1 Post By slackerjack
  • 1 Post By Farish
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multiple drafts of e-mails sent from my iMac appear in my Samsung Galaxy S5 in box

How can I stop the random number of drafts of gmails as well as a copy of the one sent (71 is the record), sent from my imac not my phone, that appear in my gmail inbox (but not the email in box) on my month old Samsung Galaxy S5. For some reason I find it annoying. Any help or explanation much appreciated.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: Multiple drafts of e-mails sent from my iMac appear in my Samsung Galaxy S5 in box

Quote Originally Posted by floramcdonnell View Post
    How can I stop the random number of drafts of gmails as well as a copy of the one sent (71 is the record), sent from my imac not my phone, that appear in my gmail inbox (but not the email in box) on my month old Samsung Galaxy S5. For some reason I find it annoying. Any help or explanation much appreciated.
    Seems like an auto cc/bcc myself setting
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Multiple drafts of e-mails sent from my iMac appear in my Samsung Galaxy S5 in box

Many thanks for that.
    What should I do to stop it?
    My husband thinks it's some gmail setting...apparently it constantly saves an email as you make changes. The e-mail that had 71 drafts was longer than the others so that would make sense. But I can't understand why this issue is only occurring on my phone & not my iMac where the original e-mail was sent from.

Many thanks for that.
    What should I do to stop it?
    My husband thinks it's some gmail setting...apparently it constantly saves an email as you make changes. The e-mail that had 71 drafts was longer than the others so that would make sense. But I can't understand why this issue is only occurring on my phone & not my iMac where the original e-mail was sent from.
    I looked at the new gmail web appearance, and it just reminded me of why I decided against gmail years ago.

But, I suspicion that you have auto drafts turned on and somehow it is sending those out as texts.

I tried a test message to myself on my Yahoo account and after I sent the message, it complained that my draft was "on hold?"

IMO it is a trash program. YMMV
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day using ART

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON
    Thanked by:
    floramcdonnell likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oh gosh ....I'm depressed to hear you say that.
    I've only just faced abandoning my pop virgin email account in favour of imap gmail because of the nightmare I had when setting up my new iMac last year which I'm sure was partly a result of bad e-housekeeping. What e-mail would you suggest as being better?
    Many thanks

Wait...did you set up your gmail in the default mail client? Or are you using the gmail app...

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It only happens in the g mail app on my phone when I send mail from my iMac (written in mac mail)
    Sorry for the delay
    edit: Just realised that the drafts are being created on my iMac but are automatically being sent to the trash box. Does that make any sense?
    Last edited by floramcdonnell; 06-21-2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: discovered something else

It only happens in the g mail app on my phone when I send mail from my iMac (written in mac mail)
    Sorry for the delay
    edit: Just realised that the drafts are being created on my iMac but are automatically being sent to the trash box. Does that make any sense?
    What OSX version are you running. If you don't know, please click on the Apple icon on the top right corner and then click about this Mac.

It will tell you what version right there.
    Thanked by:

Hello! I have exactly this problem having recently purchased a MacBook Air, and possessing a Samsung Galaxy mobile. No-one at my local Apple Store or Vodaphone Shop had come across the problem before. And nor could they solve it! Have you found a solution by any change please?
    Thanks in anticipation! Louise

Quote Originally Posted by louiselavender View Post
    Hello! I have exactly this problem having recently purchased a MacBook Air, and possessing a Samsung Galaxy mobile. No-one at my local Apple Store or Vodaphone Shop had come across the problem before. And nor could they solve it! Have you found a solution by any change please?
    Thanks in anticipation! Louise
    Here's what appears to be the solution
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5565859
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

OSX version 10.9.3

OSX version 10.9.3
    I asked that because there was a bug with the early versions of Mavericks mail client and osx. Only thing I can recommend at this moment is to try this mail program.

Airmail

On the top bar on the right click on the beta link. You may have to register but after you download and install the app use your gmail account there.

If the problem doesn't go away, then most likely it is an issue with either your gmail account settings or phone.

And if you are wondering about airmail, you can check out the app in the mac app store. It is usually in the top 10 in the top paid section.
    Thanked by: