Sound Profile Manager

kchinger

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Blackberry a few phones ago (many years) and one thing that I still miss is the ability to easily switch sound profiles. For example, at home I want the phone to be relatively loud, text messages to have sound, apps to play sounds, etc. But at work I just want the phone to ring somewhat loudly, but texts to just vibrate, and apps to default to off unless I turn the sound on for a podcast or something. Then at night I want just the phone and alarm, nothing else. I see I can do that with the blocking app, and set a time, but that's not really ideal either. On the Blackberry there was just a switch that did this for you, but I've never found anything similar on smartphones and I've always had to get an app.

Does the S5 have anything like this, or am I back to using a third party app for this again? I really don't understand why this isn't something that's included in all phones, maybe I'm just missing something. Do you guys go in to the sound settings and change each individual volume each time you get to work, or head home, or go to bed?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has it, but 3rd party apps improve on it... Nothing wrong with 3rd party apps... Use Audio Pro Manager
ybe5uhan.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

kchinger

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
So how do I do it without the app? I'd at least like to try it before I spend $3 on an app to do something I think should be included on all phones.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Settings => Sound
But like I said, it doesnt give u many options like the 3rd party apps.
There is a free version of Audio Manager Pro toy can try

jeauxkewl

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
kchinger, I second this. Still can't believe in 2014 that both iPhone and Android platforms lack the type of notification granularity and selectable profiles that BB has had for years. I was a 10 year BB user that migrated to Android 2.5 years ago and am still trying to figure out how to overcome this limitation. Will have a look at Audio Pro as others have suggested but agree that this should be built into the OS.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry ruined me for profiles too years ago. No one does them as well, before or since.

I use a paid app called RingLeader Pro. I am able to manage my notifications in a way that allows me to silence the notifications with the ringer volume up, and set up other granular profiles, though the 1-time setup is a bit extensive. Once set up though, it works really well, and it even has a widget for changing profiles quickly.

Essentially the app allows you to set up different profiles, and within each you can select a specific notification tone for each app, as well for as the phone ringtone. The key is the ability to select "Silent" as a notification tone for each app I want to silence. This way I can keep the Ringer volume to full in my "Calls Only" profile, and set each app's notification tone to "silent" in that profile. This profile setup is a 1-time effort remember, then you can use it with 1 touch afterwards, and it even has a good widget for quick profile changing.

Anyway, it works for me well have a "Calls Only" profile, a "Vibrate" profile, a "Normal" profile, and a few others. Best of luck ..

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Glad you asked that question. Nokia spoiled me the same way black berry spoiled you (before Nokia went smart)
That option is so useful, I do not understand how more people don't miss it 😊

I rest my case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar