Car Mode Problems

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
This application just seems to have a lot of problems. Well, at least they are to me.

1. The main screen showing navigation, messages, phone, and music doesn't dim itself. So your phone just sits there and dies in your car. It's fine if you are using the navigation, but I like to just have my phone there ready in case I need to use the voice control to call someone or answer a text. If you turn the screen off itself, "Hi Galaxy" doesn't work. This wouldn't be a huge deal if I was more comfortable about leaving my phone plugged in while driving. Since I have the Costco knockoff charger and am worried about that charging port, I like to keep my phone plugged in as little as possible.

2. It turns bluetooth on every time I turn car mode on, and there's no way to turn it off. I know many cars have bluetooth today, but there are still many older cars out that don't have bluetooth capability. I have one of the latter. It's not a huge deal, but I don't want bluetooth on and draining my battery, even slightly, just because it's in car mode.

3. You're stuck using the Samsung Music Player instead of the Play Music.

Other than those problems, it's great. Haha. If anyone has also been frustrated with these problems and found a way around them, let me know. I've tried some other apps but have been extremely underwhelmed by their unnecessary complexity, lack of/incapable voice controls, and loss of voice control when using the navigation.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
1) With the flip view cover you just open and close and car mode is always there same if you use power button
2) You can turn off location and BT just swipe down from the top and switch them off then tap notification message line to return to car mode

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
1) With the flip view cover you just open and close and car mode is always there same if you use power button
2) You can turn off location and BT just swipe down from the top and switch them off then tap notification message line to return to car mode
1. I have no idea what this has to do with my first issue...
2. I know i can turn that off. Just a slight bother that I have to do that every time.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
1. I have no idea what this has to do with my first issue...
2. I know i can turn that off. Just a slight bother that I have to do that every time.

1) You said it does not dim and consumes battery it does not with a flip case or power button
2) You said you can turn them off now you agree you can

You have preferences not problems

PittDucky

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
1) You said it does not dim and consumes battery it does not with a flip case or power button
2) You said you can turn them off now you agree you can

You have preferences not problems

1. If you turn it off with the power button, Hi Galaxy doesn't bring up the voice control. Maybe you should have read my post.

2. Well, thanks for pointing out something that anyone who can use the phone, knows. Really helpful.

Once again, I never acted like they were major problems. Just asked if anyone had solutions. Try not to be a miserable, condescending person every day of your life.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
1. If you turn it off with the power button, Hi Galaxy doesn't bring up the voice control. Maybe you should have read my post.

2. Well, thanks for pointing out something that anyone who can use the phone, knows. Really helpful.

Once again, I never acted like they were major problems. Just asked if anyone had solutions. Try not to be a miserable, condescending person every day of your life.

Stop being silly you got short reply to your short reply

1) On my S5 the voce control works with Hi Galaxy screen after either flipping the s-view or using the power button or returning back from the notification area after using another app
2) Try and be more specific next time than "there's no way to turn it off" if you know how to turn it off manually, sorry I do not know a way to disable this permenently

Fanackapants

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem I get in the car with the phone in my handbag, I can make phonecalls whilst driving using the hands free function on my car. I arrive at work or shopping, spend my time there... An hour or two later the car mode is still on my screen and the screen has not dimmed. I also have the problem of my husband using my car (the phone is in the house but close enough to connect to bluetooth) I don't notice that the phone has connected and the screen is still lit even when the car is miles away... In other words when the car ceases to be connected with the phone why doesn't the screen dim?