Considering the Galaxy S5

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello, How are you guys? I have my upgrade coming up in about four or five days and i'm considering trading in my iPhone 5s for the Galaxy S5. Don't get me wrong, I love iOS and iPhones (please don't kill me), but I also love Android and I wanna try the newest of each! Last year I had the Galaxy S4, and I loved it until it started having terrible battery problems. It would be on 80% them randomly shut itself down and when I turned it back on it would be at 12%. I would like to know before I upgrade, does the S5 have battery issues? Did I just get a fluke S4? What's the deal? Thanks in advance for the assistance.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I just moved to android from the iphone (used iphone's for the last 5 years) and I'm soooo glad I made the change. I have had one issue with my phone and it had to do with the 4k (UHD) video mode, a simple factory reset fixed the issue and everything else has been smooth sailing since. Keep in mind that when you read forums most people go there because they have a problem or want to learn, those who are happy and have no issues usually don't bother going on to forums. Also not sure if all carriers have it but the S5 Active just came out so there is two versions of the S5 out there. I personally like the original S5 better because there are no buttons on the bottom portion of the phone, to me it's just a cleaner look.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you just had a bad battery in your S4. I have had mine for just around a year and have never had that issue.
I haven't heard about battery issues with the S5, and it seems to get excellent battery life. If you don't mind switching OSs, I'd say go for it. I would get the latest and greatest at all times if I could too :D

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I also came from an iPhone to an S4 and upgraded to an S5. My S4 battery life is pretty bad, it only lasts less than a day. While my S5 lasts me like 2-3 days.

kingsley404

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The s5 is a great phone. It's blazing fast and the camera is epic. I get on a full day charge 5-7 hours.screen time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Great phone I have mine on Verizon and while it has been more or less trouble free for the last 2 months... For me nova launcher prime is a must...

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s5

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Pretty awesome device. It took me a while to give in to the Samsung thing but now I love it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I wish Nova would implement the "OK Google" voice activation feature, I would already have it downloaded.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I wish Nova would implement the "OK Google" voice activation feature, I would already have it downloaded.

Sent from my Galaxy S5
Nova does have Ok Google, is quick and easy. I love my S5 and so does my wife, no more carrying chargers everywhere unlike my iPhone friends

Sent from my Galaxy S5

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Also do they have a Prime version. The free version shows June 6 as the update date, the Prime version shows August of 2013.

I already have that feature. You just need yo go into Nova settings and turn on hotword detection.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I already have that feature. You just need yo go into Nova settings and turn on hotword detection.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Does it work from the home screen though? I could get it to work unless I was already in the search.

Sent from my Galaxy S5