Considering the Galaxy S5

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I too came from the iPhone 5S and I couldn't be happier with my Galaxy S5. You can just do so much more with it. It isn't as simplistic or as easy to use as the iPhone, but it's 100% worth it to put in a little extra effort to get used to it. Plus, battery life is a huge improvement over my iPhone. I had to charge the iPhone during the day from time to time and I never have to do that with my Galaxy. And another great feature on that front is that the S5 charges insanely fast because of the USB 3.0 port. It's just an all-around amazing phone that took me by total surprise. I intended to buy it just to play with until the iPhone 6 came to fruition but now I'm almost positively not going to buy the iPhone because I would miss all the things that I can do with my Galaxy. So unless Apple pulls a few bunnies out of its hat, I'll be staying put. Good luck with your new phone! :)

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
At this point in the game wait for the next big thing. I've played around with the S5 and the iPhone S5 and they are both awesome phones, but I still prefer my Note 3 hehe. With technology changing so quickly the S5 was not a huge 'upgrade' in terms of performance or innovation. If you have a bit of patience, wait and see what comes out in the next 4 months or so. The phone game is very much alive and we are going to see some of the best phones yet in the next year or so.

My Galaxy Note 3 did this.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I too came from the iPhone 5S and I couldn't be happier with my Galaxy S5. You can just do so much more with it. It isn't as simplistic or as easy to use as the iPhone, but it's 100% worth it to put in a little extra effort to get used to it. Plus, battery life is a huge improvement over my iPhone. I had to charge the iPhone during the day from time to time and I never have to do that with my Galaxy. And another great feature on that front is that the S5 charges insanely fast because of the USB 3.0 port. ! :)

Whoa!

It is not the USB 3.0 port that is responsible for fast charging.

It is the 2.1 amp charger and a high quality cable that can handle the higher charging current.

The charging wires are within the 2.0 plug just like always,
the 3.0 plug only contains the Faster USB 3.0 connections.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Whoa!

It is not the USB 3.0 port that is responsible for fast charging.

It is the 2.1 amp charger and a high quality cable that can handle the higher charging current.

The charging wires are within the 2.0 plug just like always,
the 3.0 plug only contains the Faster USB 3.0 connections.

Gotcha. I stand corrected. What made me think it was the cable was because I plugged the cable into my old Moto power brick and it told me for faster speeds to use the included charging adapter. So, to someone who isn't all that well-versed in the charging game, it just sounded like the cable needed the power brick to achieve the speeds that it was designed for.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Just turn on hot word detection and you'll be able to use it. No need for the Google Search bar.

Have you noticed a battery difference using Nova? I barely used my phone today and suddenly it was giving me the battery warning. Normally I am still siding at at least 40% to 50%. Today was only day one. Will see how tomorrow goes. 😊

Sent from my Galaxy S5

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed a battery difference using Nova? I barely used my phone today and suddenly it was giving me the battery warning. Normally I am still siding at at least 40% to 50%. Today was only day one. Will see how tomorrow goes. 😊

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Have only been using it for a few days, but I'm not seeing too much of a difference.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, me again. I was just wondering what's the best twitter app?
I need to be able to mute users, keywords, and hashtags.. Also, it wouldn't hurt if the app was nice looking.

MrJBot

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I also came from an iPhone to an S4 and upgraded to an S5. My S4 battery life is pretty bad, it only lasts less than a day. While my S5 lasts me like 2-3 days.

I'm jealous! My battery only lasts about a day with normal/moderate usage.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Sprint)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1