No signal even after exiting the subway tunnel?

Caesius

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't own an S5 myself, but I'm asking on behalf of my friends who currently own the GS5 (T-Mobile) and experience this problem during their daily commute. We're from NYC, so we're accustomed to taking the subway for school/work/etc. Most of the ride would take place underground. For the duration that we're underground, we won't have signal--but the train we take also goes over the Brooklyn Bridge. Our phones will have service again because we're no longer underground. My M8 picks up signal immediately, however, their S5's will show "No Service" unless they turn Airplane Mode on and off, but it still shows a delay when it tries to pick up service. So they usually won't get service the very last minute before the train returns underground. I'm not sure if it's a widespread issue since I can't seem to find a thread anywhere regarding this situation, so I apologize if a thread about this subject matter already exists.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue (a weak antenna?) or a software issue that can be addressed by a software update. Your responses are greatly appreciated.

(P.S. - I know there are also select underground stations that do have service, but those are the midtown-uptown stations. I don't think they travel way up there for work, so I'm not sure if they have trouble re-establishing a connection in those stations.)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
There was a thread about Airplane Mode and a user having trouble when he got off the airplane. Sounds similar but hasn't bothered me so far.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't own an S5 myself, but I'm asking on behalf of my friends who currently own the GS5 (T-Mobile) and experience this problem during their daily commute. We're from NYC, so we're accustomed to taking the subway for school/work/etc. Most of the ride would take place underground. For the duration that we're underground, we won't have signal--but the train we take also goes over the Brooklyn Bridge. Our phones will have service again because we're no longer underground. My M8 picks up signal immediately, however, their S5's will show "No Service" unless they turn Airplane Mode on and off, but it still shows a delay when it tries to pick up service. So they usually won't get service the very last minute before the train returns underground. I'm not sure if it's a widespread issue since I can't seem to find a thread anywhere regarding this situation, so I apologize if a thread about this subject matter already exists.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue (a weak antenna?) or a software issue that can be addressed by a software update. Your responses are greatly appreciated.

(P.S. - I know there are also select underground stations that do have service, but those are the midtown-uptown stations. I don't think they travel way up there for work, so I'm not sure if they have trouble re-establishing a connection in those stations.)

Well, i think the problem is too much minor to be sorted out some device catch network much faster but some takes time I don't think you should bother about it much because it's really a minor thing to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield