Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default SOS Help Message Chicken Screen

Ok, so this feature is awesome, but needs a chicken screen feature, or more button press requirements. I just accidentally sent my wife and my mom an SOS text with my location. Great feature, but three presses just isn't enough. What happened is that I put it to sleep with the power button, then wanted to see the time, so I woke it up, then looked at the time, and then put it back to sleep. A pretty common sequence I would imagine. I immediately saw it go to emergency mode and start figuring out my location to send the text, but there was no way to stop it once it started.

Seems like either making it more button presses, and/or having a chicken screen that asks "are you sure you mean to do this?" and if you don't say no within 30 seconds or something, maybe with some vibration or something to alert you to the question, then it goes ahead and sends it. It could use that time to figure out your location anyway and get a good GPS fix.

Surely I'm not the only one who accidentally freaked out their wife? Great feature, but could use a little tweaking.

Default Re: SOS Help Message Chicken Screen

I'm going back to bed. When I wake up, maybe I'll understand this. Too much "shop till I drop" yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by kchinger View Post
    Ok, so this feature is awesome, but needs a chicken screen feature, or more button press requirements. I just accidentally sent my wife and my mom an SOS text with my location. Great feature, but three presses just isn't enough. What happened is that I put it to sleep with the power button, then wanted to see the time, so I woke it up, then looked at the time, and then put it back to sleep. A pretty common sequence I would imagine. I immediately saw it go to emergency mode and start figuring out my location to send the text, but there was no way to stop it once it started.

Seems like either making it more button presses, and/or having a chicken screen that asks "are you sure you mean to do this?" and if you don't say no within 30 seconds or something, maybe with some vibration or something to alert you to the question, then it goes ahead and sends it. It could use that time to figure out your location anyway and get a good GPS fix.

Surely I'm not the only one who accidentally freaked out their wife? Great feature, but could use a little tweaking.
    I thought that when I tried that out that I did get a "ARE YOU SURE?" message screen.
    I have it disabled now, just four (+) signs showing. I do NOT want that occurring at all on my phone.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off/Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on/WiFi Data ON
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Huh, maybe I just missed it in my panic. I'll test it tonight when I'm home with my wife, and remove my Mom for a little while.

I accidently set mine off without realizing it for 40 minutes. I was in a spotty cell coverage area while camping at Union Valley Reservoir high up in the mountains near Tahoe. It sent my parents into a panic and prompted an emergency response by the Sheriff's department to the campsite.

YES, it does need more button presses than 3. I feel horrible about all of it, but glad the feature exists I guess.