Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data & Battery getting used up too fast

Hello, I've owned my Samsung Galaxy S5 for about 3 weeks and I can't figure out what's causing my Data & Battery to be used up so quickly. As of 8:00am this morning my battery was 100%, I used it for about 10 minutes to check Facebook and it's now at 17%. When I'm done with an app, etc I make sure to "close all". I'm not online a lot and when I am, I make sure Wi-Fi is available. I had an iPhone 4s prior to this, so Android is new to me...still trying to find my way around things. I will be buying the Samsung Galaxy S5 for Dummies this weekend..lol ! Thank you in advance for your help !

Default Re: Data & Battery getting used up too fast

Hello Tammy,

First your surrounded by thousands of talented individuals here to help within the community. Some are staff and some are member but the goal is simple to help

I would start with taking a screenshot and posting it here of your battery stats. These are located under Settings/Battery. It will have different menus and stats to show and that will give everyone a little more insight as to what you have going on.

Here is a nice little write up by our own Phil Nickinson of Android Central on taking screenshots
    How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S5 | Android Central

Then you can upload and post those here for us to view and start giving you some answers.

Also a few quick questions like which carrier are you using? Are you big on social media and other things that maybe syncing and causing huge battery drain?

Sound good? Okay then!
    UJ95x and wizzrah like this.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Welcome to Android Central
    For the data, you can go into settings and look at data usage. Then it will list the apps which use it the most. Then if you tap on those, you can restrict background data so that it will only use data when on WiFi. Also make sure that if you have any apps set to backup data, that it does so only over WiFi.
    Paul627g likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you for your replies. I have already restricted background data, so hopefully that helps...my email may have been the culprit. I will post a screenshot of my battery once I figure out how to attach the screenshot to my post using my phone ;-)

You can also post the data usage section of your phone to see which app is the data culprit .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by TammyP70 View Post
    Thank you for your replies. I have already restricted background data, so hopefully that helps...my email may have been the culprit. I will post a screenshot of my battery once I figure out how to attach the screenshot to my post using my phone ;-)
    Follow my link I left above for taking the screen shot.

Then install the official Android Central application and it will make attaching an image much easier.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oidcentral.app

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app