Need some help/suggestions

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Finally got hubby to come over to the dark side from iphone. He is a real estate agent and his phone is his office. The transition is not going well. He gets a huge amount of emails with attachments and contracts. With iPhone he could open the email view the contract and send to client all without leaving his email. It is not the same on S5. Much more steps seem to be the process. Today someone sent a text that was supposed to have a pic. It just showed a box with delete and forward but no pic. He loves the screen size but he has a small amount of patience. Any suggestions on viewing and sending contracts with fewer steps?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With Android, if he opens an attachment like a PDF, he can easily go back to what he was doing in the email app by using the Recent Apps list (which acts as like a task switcher). Not having an S5, I'm not sure if there's some Samsung modification to the usual Android Recent Apps list.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The S5 comes with a "Microsoft Office" emulator called Polaris Office.

I am looking at it now, it handles Documents in .docx format (Microsoft Word), presentations in pptx format Power Point), and spreadsheets in .xls and .xlsx formats (Excel).

for PDF he will need a helper app. I have not tried any of them, so someone else will have to provide a "best suggestion".

We need more information as to the formats that his business is using.

ie, the Contracts. What format are they in? Most of them in the business world are Microsoft Office or compatible with MSO.

He should be able to click on the attachment and it should open up in the proper file handling application. That will have to be set up in the Default Applications part of Settings.

Give us some more detailed info please. His problems can be handled. Android is just "different" than iOS, no worse, no better. "Opinions abound" but it is a case of familiarity.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If the contracts are PDF, that is easy. If they are Faxed to him", that will take a Fax to email program. That I can recommend easily as I have one that is $10/month.

Try it => MyFax | Send & Receive Faxes Online | Internet Fax Service
Works like a champ, PDFs are converted to emails, and emails are converted back to PDFs and Faxes.

Contact Customer Support

Hours:
24 hours per day
7 days a week.

Email:
support@myfax.com

North America:

Toll-Free:
(866) 563-9212

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Polaris handles PDF files too. I get a variety of attachments throughout the day in my exchange email account. I just tap the attachment, select preview, it opens in Polaris, read the document, tap the back arrow and I'm back in the email, never really leaving my workflow of checking emails. I don't see it being much different from using my previous iPhones.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Polaris handles PDF files too. I get a variety of attachments throughout the day in my exchange email account. I just tap the attachment, select preview, it opens in Polaris, read the document, tap the back arrow and I'm back in the email, never really leaving my workflow of checking emails. I don't see it being much different from using my previous iPhones.

Good to know, wish that Polaris had included that in the "Preview" they show on the opening screen. Guess going online and reading a help file is in order.