Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dont let me drunk text one person

I know this sounds pathetic but I want to know with this phone is there an app or ability to choose a certain contact that I can NOT text no matter what, say if I happen to be drinking, and don't want to regret it in the morning. Please don't respond if it's "leave home at phone, turn off etc..." People in my position know that we make bad decisions and will find a way to text someone when we will regret it later!! lol So even those apps that can block but let you text if you answer a few "math questions" aren't good enough. Thanks!d

Default Re: Dont let me drunk text one person

Change the name of the contact before you leave lol

Sent from my Galaxy S5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I appreciate the effort, we can be pretty sneaky when we want to get to something though. That's why I need something that has a blocker for like 6 hours until I retire from a night out. lol

Global Posts
    31,637 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ariat89 View Post
    I appreciate the effort, we can be pretty sneaky when we want to get to something though. That's why I need something that has a blocker for like 6 hours until I retire from a night out. lol
    There is an app called app lock in Play. You can download that, and have a friend who doesn't go out drinking with you set up the password and not tell you. App lock can lock out many apps including the messaging one.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

It would have to include the contacts list also.

Devious folks can download a new message app, so I would think that Blocking the Play Store would also be on the list of blocked items.

But, to be realistic, it is not that difficult to just borrow a phone and send a message with that.

Global Posts
    31,637 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    It would have to include the contacts list also.

Devious folks can download a new message app, so I would think that Blocking the Play Store would also be on the list of blocked items.

But, to be realistic, it is not that difficult to just borrow a phone and send a message with that.
    Contacts (or for me, People), Play, Settings are all in the list of lockable apps.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Global Posts
    1,256 Global Posts

I don't mean this in a rude way at all but if you need to block your phone when your drunk because you will do something you are going to regret, don't get that drunk. It obviously doesn't sound like it's worth it

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

Someone's been telling her that for a long time I'm thinking................... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by H A W K View Post
    I don't mean this in a rude way at all but if you need to block your phone when your drunk because you will do something you are going to regret, don't get that drunk. It obviously doesn't sound like it's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by H A W K View Post

Ha!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

How about...self control?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    How about...self control?
    This....if you can't control your actions while drinking...maybe you shouldn't be drinking. Look...I'm not going to wax new age touchy feely crap here...but sounds like you're going through something...drinking isn't going to Sol e it, and if you have have impulse control issues anyway (which given your request...you acknowledge) it might be time to talk to someone instead of heading for the bar.

A phone and a bottle are not a substitute for talking through your luggage so it doesn't become baggage.

Cheers

Posted via Android Central App

I know this sounds pathetic, people in my position, people like us...honey, sounds like the least of your problems is your phone. Counseling, AA, and learning self control sounds like it might get to the root of the problem. Bless your heart! I hope you can get some help. An app isn't the answer.

I send texts I regret and cringe about them later. I don't drink and I hate drunks.
    I however feel for the OP as he/she started a thread stating a concern a lot of us have about putting our foot in it, mentioning drink as an example, and in the space of less than 24 hours has become a lifelong alcoholic in denial with serious 'issues' that need to be ironed out.
    It could be LURVE!

For the rest of us, I only found today in my settings that you can write a text or reply but set it to send at any time and date you want.
    2 years on android and I didn't know. You have to select it each time unfortunately, but I'm going to add a 10 minute delay to all mine, or write them before I go to bed, to arrive at the appropriate time in the morning and make me look like an early riser.
    Isn't Android grand.
    hardrocker89 likes this.

It's not the hair of the dog it's the bottle hitting back. I suggest a substitute lock screen that's super hard to get into when loaded. Like a reflex puzzle or a voice unlock...

I know this sounds pathetic but I want to know with this phone is there an app or ability to choose a certain contact that I can NOT text no matter what, say if I happen to be drinking, and don't want to regret it in the morning. Please don't respond if it's "leave home at phone, turn off etc..." People in my position know that we make bad decisions and will find a way to text someone when we will regret it later!! lol So even those apps that can block but let you text if you answer a few "math questions" aren't good enough. Thanks!d
    Delete said contact? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I send texts I regret and cringe about them later............

For the rest of us, I only found today in my settings that you can write a text or reply but set it to send at any time and date you want.
    Isn't Android grand.
    Oh, do I ever have Foot in Mouth Disease ....... I type at roughly 120 wpm and have since my military crypto school days on a KSR-28 teletype machine that used Paper Tape as the readout Device..... Am I old or what?

Anyway, I type stuff and hit the send key before I read it back...... way too many times......
    Now that I am aware of this delay feature, I will be looking for an Auto Delay Timer to force it to wait a while.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

I'll give you my number, I love drunk texts.

Posted via Nokia 6230
    bsettz and NJMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    Oh, do I ever have Foot in Mouth Disease ....... I type at roughly 120 wpm and have since my military crypto school days on a KSR-28 teletype machine that used Paper Tape as the readout Device..... Am I old or what?

Anyway, I type stuff and hit the send key before I read it back...... way too many times......
    Now that I am aware of this delay feature, I will be looking for an Auto Delay Timer to force it to wait a while.

Ha Ha. I also had a similar problem with posting on this site. I gave up after a month for this reason (January). I came back a few weeks later. Only much later again did I learn I could delete my own posts on AC. It's been a psychological life saver at times.

I guess I'm the one who needs counselling.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DacyJ View Post
    I'll give you my number, I love drunk texts.

Posted via Nokia 6230
    Dzzue yu taik kalls after minnite.? Cuz i gett lunneley.
    I'll taik zah nummer. zheuss getn a penn. Gottitt. Waiy sec, table iz muvin. No issil muvin. Waiy, i know i"l ring yuu and yu can tel me on de fonne. I m drivvin aneewaiy.
    Speek lazer, sheerrz!

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Dzzue yu taik kalls after minnite.? Cuz i gett lunneley.
    I'll taik zah nummer. zheuss getn a penn. Gottitt. Waiy sec, table iz muvin. No issil muvin. Waiy, i know i"l ring yuu and yu can tel me on de fonne. I m drivvin aneewaiy.
    Speek lazer, sheerrz!

Great illustration but ya forgot to stick a YOLO in there :/

Hey does the GMail web site still have the beer goggles Lab feature? It prevented users from easily sending any mail between certain times of the day or night...
    anon8380037 likes this.

I have on occasions been one to send a text that I didn't need to and later regretted, I have Sprint, before going out I would go into my permissions and block the number. This would prevent me from sending any texts to that number until I turned it off. So hopefully you have the same ability with your carrier.

WE have all been in a position to argue and then later wished we hadn't.

Good Luck
    anon8380037 likes this.

Stupid Phonecalls Blocker Free - on google play

Its called "get a clue" look for it on Google play

I used to have that problem. .. came to the conclusion that if I shouldn't be texting therm drink I shouldn't be texting then sober. Solution, take their number or of your phone.
    akutch34 likes this.

I found myself having these sorts of thoughts in my own life, some 13 years ago. I quit drinking and never had a drop again. If you're doing things you regret while drinking, you have a drinking problem and need to stop. You're not being honest or fair with yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast