Screen doesn't turn on when I press the home or power button.
The capacitive buttons turn on and I can hear a sound but the screen stays black . I have to keep trying to press the on button until the screen finally lights up after 5 atemps . Does anyone know what could be causing good?
- 06-13-2014, 05:48 AM #2
Re: Screen doesn't turn on when I press the home or power button.
You toggle the screen Dark/ON by tapping the Power Button twice.
However, if you, like I do, have the screen set to "Instant off and lock" with a single touch of the Power button, the Dark Screen feature "should be" disabled.
I suggest you hold down on the Power button a long time and the Restart screen should appear. That will let you recover usually.
Do you have Samsung SideSync installed on the phone? If you do, you can plug the phone into the USB cable and connect to your desktop PC and gain access to the phone that way. (Requires the OEM USB 3.0 cable)
I included a screenshot showing that it is disabled on my phone.
I also included an image of SideSync running on my PC and showing the same exact screen.
2 each, Verizon Galaxy S5, KK 4.4.4, ART
MyPhoneExplorer allows file access if ur phone crashes.
Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail, Qi wireless equipped
MacroDroid extends your battery life.
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
OTA updates via WiFi only:
my WiFi is permanently OFF until Verizon fixes 5.0
- 06-15-2014, 03:55 PM #4
- 06-15-2014, 08:50 PM #5
- By Cane Prevost in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 08-04-2014, 12:44 PM
- By CannedBullets in forum HTC One M8Replies: 4Last Post: 06-13-2014, 07:06 PM
- By jamshed taraporwala in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:04 AM
- By RaidenVS in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 06-13-2014, 12:17 AM
- By monicakm in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2014, 12:16 AM