Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Angry call on phone AND bluetooth, is this possible?

My friend says she was talking to her husband when he got another call. He switched over, took the call and came back to her. Then she heard another phone ringing in the background. (he was in his car) He said "ill call you back" and hung up. When he called back he claimed that he had conferenced in the other call and it was ringing back on his cars bluetooth. She said she didnt hear it ringing on the phone just in the background. I dont think its possible to be on the phone and the bluetooth doing something else. Am I correct?

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Default Re: call on phone AND bluetooth, is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by jewelly View Post
    My friend says she was talking to her husband when he got another call. He switched over, took the call and came back to her. Then she heard another phone ringing in the background. (he was in his car) He said "ill call you back" and hung up. When he called back he claimed that he had conferenced in the other call and it was ringing back on his cars bluetooth. She said she didnt hear it ringing on the phone just in the background. I dont think its possible to be on the phone and the bluetooth doing something else. Am I correct?
    What you are describing sounds like what happens to me every so often. I've found that sometimes calls don't hang up properly when closing out the second conversation to go back to the first, and that ringing will happen. It most commonly happens when I call someone, start to leave a voicemail, they call back before I complete the message and I transfer to the new call without following the magic steps to close out the initial call.

It will also happen when I call my office and I'm put on hold. For some reason, I hear ringing while I'm on hold. That's likely an issue from our phone system at work though.

Steve
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Steve thank you for your response. She said she didnt hear it over the phone they were talking on but in the background on the cars bluetooth. Is that the same thing that's happened to you?

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by jewelly View Post
    Steve thank you for your response. She said she didnt hear it over the phone they were talking on but in the background on the cars bluetooth. Is that the same thing that's happened to you?
    Ah, so it wasn't the ring sound of calling someone, but the ring tone of a second device? Not the same.

Steve
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

yeah but he is claiming it came from the same phone. I dunno