Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sprint s5 led wont work

Need help guys I've switched over from a jailbroken iphone, so im new to androids and dont know much. I recently download 3 sms blocker/ filter apps and after deleting all 3 apps my notification led will not work. My led lights up when im charging, but will turn off when the screen is lit. I did the obvious and ensured led settings were turned on. Went to my files and found a file that was left behind from one of the sms apps and deleted it, still nothing. If anyone can help me figure out whats going on it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Default Re: sprint s5 led wont work

Could be some left over processes from those apps. When I have installed / uninstalled lots of apps and had glitches I usually wipe the cache partition and that generally solves the problem. You may want to give it a try, it won't delete any of your files.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key
    When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Could be some left over processes from those apps. When I have installed / uninstalled lots of apps and had glitches I usually wipe the cache partition and that generally solves the problem. You may want to give it a try, it won't delete any of your files.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn off the device.
    Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    Volume Up key
    Home key
    Power key
    When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
    When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
    Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
    Press the Power key to select.
    When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
    Press the Power key to restart the device.
    You are the man it worked! Thank you so much it was driving me crazy, and I do t quite speak the android language yet. Thanks again partner!

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielxavila View Post
    You are the man it worked! Thank you so much it was driving me crazy, and I do t quite speak the android language yet. Thanks again partner!

Posted via Android Central App
    You're welcome, glad it helped.